Post YOUR Hatchback here
By chris_barnes
#272602 You did very nice work with the header. I am not sure if they actually offer this type of header for D series, or it's just for B's. As to wrapping- Idk if you did this...you need to moisten the thermowrap with water and then do it. This way you manage to tighten it better and don't feel the small particles that make your skin itch. If you did that, please accept my apologies for spamming :D I think you need to tune again on a dyno and check what the benefit of the header is, as well as fine-tune some more horses out :D
By TrailerTrash
#272614 very nicely done :thumb:

my header is heatwrapped aswell. i bought it very used last summer and the stuff still stinks to this day :thumbdown:
By kapow
#272615 Are you going to dyno it after the header install?
By robster
#272644 @ Chris : yes i soaked it with water :wink: and at the pipes its tight as hell :D the onla part were it looks lose is at the merge but eaven there its tight. but thanks for the advice.

@kapow: no i dont think that i will dyno it because the engine is going to be swaped agaynst a B18c6 engine this winter. so i think i will save me some money on that dyno.
By rtegra92
#272700 lookin really good man
:thumb:
as for the inside of the pipe if you get a second regulator for your argon tank and purge the header with argon, your welds will turn out much cleaner on the inside of the pipe,
they will lay flat and not have as much slag. better for flow
By bradleyg
#279112 Wow super clean! It makes me very jealous haha.
I love the stuff you do to make it your own.
Keep it up. SOHC :thumb:
By d16drey
#279145 awesome build man..love your DIY's :thumb: :thumb:
By d-mon
ShamWow Guy wrote:'cuz you know they make good stuff in Germany

impressive!
By dbrooks
#280364 That header is so sweet!
By robster
M3lowzz EG wrote:this is my favorite eg in the world !!
:love:

just one question, why are yu using the vtec-e valve cover? no point intended by that question though

hihi thanks.
as for the vtec-e cover ...... because it is a vtec-e :wink: non vtec mode 12 valve and vtec 16valve

good mpg and power if you whant some :D
By robster
#280531 A D15z1 head on a D15b7 block is a not good idea. The compression will be way to high like 13,4:1 and you will have not enough piston to head clearance.

My suggestion is to put the D15z1 back in with the D15b7 gearbox, get your self an ITR fuel pressure regulator a D16z6 or D16y8 header.

And if you whant to get custom get your self a D15z6 intake manifold and open up the ports in the head.
By EdwinBlack
#280704 I realy like your work man :thumb:

Last year i made my header by myself but it wasn't as clean as yours, especially where the welds on the collector wasnt that great :P
So, i think you did realy well

Cant wait to see the b18c6 see in there :hehe:
By pacs
#280854 nice DIY work robster. :thumb: i love your hatch!