Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Vti93T
#282997 Tomorrow the hatchie goes under the knife..eeek..My friend is coming by to pick her up and take her to his work and replace my steering rack. I would do it myself but it would take him less time since he is doing it at work and has a lift and all the tools and stuff. Only charging me $40 to replace the rack and do an alignment :3.

On a good note, I get to drive a lowered s2000 around tomorrow since he'll be leaving his car with me. Just sucks that he's coming by to get my hatch at about 6:30-7am ish..Figure I'll wash his car and wax it and then just drive around in it lol.
By Vti93T
#283028 So weird seeing someone else drive off in my hatch..But I do get to drive his s2000 around..sucks that it's raining though >.< Ugh. Oh well, hatch should be back around 12.
By bigJOE671
Vti93T wrote:So weird seeing someone else drive off in my hatch..But I do get to drive his s2000 around..sucks that it's raining though >.< Ugh. Oh well, hatch should be back around 12.

Should've taken pics/video of the hatch driving off. Pics of S2K?
By Vti93T
#283031 UGh..seems like nothing ever goes my way with this car..I'm about ready to push her off a cliff. So my friend texted me and said that the rack we have is not even the right rack for the car. The lines are completely different and if he puts it on I'll have no power steering. Oh! And he tells me that why my car has such bad vibration was cause my steering racks top bolt on the driver's side was loose and the bottom bolt was missing. This day just keeps getting better.

Not only have we had the wrong rack sitting at our apartment for 2+ years, but had the loose bolt fell off while I was driving..ooooo..I'm so mad.

So now I have to find the "correct" rack for my car. Great.
By Vti93T
bigJOE671 wrote:
Vti93T wrote:So weird seeing someone else drive off in my hatch..But I do get to drive his s2000 around..sucks that it's raining though >.< Ugh. Oh well, hatch should be back around 12.

Should've taken pics/video of the hatch driving off. Pics of S2K?

The s2000 is pretty much stock..just slightly lowered
By Vti93T
#283081 Little update:

Friend said that just the boots are torn on the rack and that I can manage keeping it on for a year or so longer before really needing to replace it. The top bolt on the driver's side was loose so he tightened that and put a new bolt in the bottom spot where one was missing. Also said my exhaust bolts were loose so he tightened those and put my exhaust back on the hanger it fell off of (which I thought the side broke but it didn't). Told me the motor is leaking everywhere so most likely going to need to replace all the rubbers and maybe the oil pan (we'll see). Did an alignment for me and saw that the driver's side was straight but the right side was inward so yeah :-/ Now my steering wheel actually sits straight!! woot!

Next step is to do an oil change, flush the tranny, replace the valve cover gaskets and then put my new master cylinder one and bleed my brakes. Woot.
By Punksz6
#283172 Thats good news and thats a great friend!! :thumb:
By Vti93T
#283186 yeah..gave him $20 for doing what he did..also told me that I could bring our three sets of wheels down to his work and he would take the tires off for free. <3
By blk92hb
#283195 damn sucks that you had a wrong rack. what did you get the rack off of??
By TrailerTrash
#283210 I broke quite a few tools trying to get my axle nuts off. finally took a 1 inch drive breaker bar :x
By Punksz6
Vti93T wrote:yeah..gave him $20 for doing what he did..also told me that I could bring our three sets of wheels down to his work and he would take the tires off for free. <3

:thumb:
By Vti93T
blk92hb wrote:damn sucks that you had a wrong rack. what did you get the rack off of??

Found out the rack was for an integra..Bf is going to use it on his car cause I want my power steering.
By Vti93T
TrailerTrash wrote:I broke quite a few tools trying to get my axle nuts off. finally took a 1 inch drive breaker bar :x

yeah we even tried a tommy bar and an impact..finally chiseled it lol.