Post YOUR Hatchback here
By vtec_gloucester
#2444 its a long time since i have updated, i was gunna wait to give the car its first polish but the weather is shit here.

so she is abit dirty but that wont be for long!

some of you know i blew my b16 gearbox and clutch about a month ago so i have upgraded to a UKDM lsd ITR box. no pics of the box but they aint really the best looking things in the world, was abit pissed off that the exedy organic clutch that was in there was distroid though, only done about 2500 miles. even though i wasnt very impressed by it it was the only one i could afford to upgrade to. lol

so here is a pic of the clutch.

i have also fitted my SRS manifold, de-cat and cat back. no pics of the exhaust on the car yet as it sits abit wonky so i need to sort that out.

apart from the back box sitting abit wonky the system is great, very nice sound in and out of vtec!

oh, the manifold sits about 1/2 from the floor so ive gotta be careful of pot holes even more now adays!

cam cover needs a new coat of paint, i know!

i was having some idle problems aswell (idle was really low, about 250rpm) didnt really do it that often but it was enough to piss me off.

i asked around abit and i was told to try cleaning out the TB and ICV so i did. it as help abit but it still does it every now and then.

before:

after:

also, i finally got round to fitting my fogs.

i couldnt be bothered to run all the wiring into the dash for the OEM fog switch so i just hooked it up to the side lights.

(no bonnet stay, ultra light weight y0!) :lol:

i broke my number plate in the process of fitting them so straight on to the vinyl cutter to make one up. :lol:
see how long i get away with it for.

well thats about it for now, should be fitting my front and rear carbon fibre lips this weekend and giving her a decent bath. Kadir style y0! :lol:

oh, and sort the wonky back box out.

comments welcome :D
By teal_dx
#2447 wow big update & your hatch is looking good! and LOL at the cardboard tube holding the hood :lol:

Do you have any pics of the old clutch? I'm sick and pics of destroyed clutches amuse me :D

The idle on civics gets thrown off so easy... how did you go about cleaning out the IACV? Did you dis-assemble the part and clean the insides?
By sihatch9508
#2449 lookin good man!
By LaMbErT*
#2462 Luvin' it man!! Would love to see pics of the exhaust on it tho :P It feels good when u get new parts eh :D
By vtec_gloucester
teal_dx wrote:wow big update & your hatch is looking good! and LOL at the cardboard tube holding the hood :lol:

Do you have any pics of the old clutch? I'm sick and pics of destroyed clutches amuse me :D

The idle on civics gets thrown off so easy... how did you go about cleaning out the IACV? Did you dis-assemble the part and clean the insides?

pretty sure the old clutch is still at my mates garage so i'll ask him to snap a pic and send it to me.

lets just say it came out in 3 bits! lol

and put a hole in the gearbpx case

and damaged my starter motor so im on the look out for one at the moment.

i didnt want to take the ICV apart because it looked abit to complicated for me. lol

so i just used brake cleaner stuff and sprayed a load in it and let it dry.

thanks for the nice comments guys!

oh, any other ideas of why the cars idle is abit funny? some one from civicsportsclub.net reckons it could be a sticky ICV but i dont know how i would go about fixing that. any help would be great... ive got a rolling road battle in a little over a month so i need to get everything running 100%
By EGcivic
#2510 Car's looking good bud. :D

I've got a problem with the idle on my car too. When the engine is upto temp the idle pulses from 1000prm to 1500rpm, it's really fookin annoying!!!!! Not sure what's causing it, but did notice today that one of the injector o-rings is leaking so I'll get that sorted and see if it makes a difference. Have you checked out all the manifold vacuum hoses to see if there are any leaks???
By Jsa-SIR2
#2541 WoW!! i bet she fly's! think ill clean mine to.

weres your battle taking place? have you dun one before?

I realy like to have a go!

Jon
By vtec_gloucester
#2560 its with www.southwestcivics.co.uk

its not so much a battle but more of a rolling road day, but i want to have the most BHP. lol

its at the powerstation in gloucestershire...

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/

on the 21st of april

and come along if ya want.
By Jsa-SIR2
#2678 oww! such a long way! oh well, make sure you post up some pics and figs of the day :)

your going to japfest ant you?

if my car is on the road ill see you there :D
By chnzgoofball
#2692 nice update!!
By vtec_gloucester
#2714 jsa - im at japfest every year mate. i should be on civicsportsclub.net stand or if not i'll be on southwestcivics.co.uk stand.

thanks for all the nice comments guys :)
By LaMbErT*
#2717 When is japfest this year and where is it ? Maybe ill be driving by then :lol:
By vtec_gloucester
#2718 think its either the first or second saturday of may at castle comb race course.

check out civicsportsclub.net there is a thread on there about it.