Post YOUR Hatchback here
By flyinryan122
#299636 Cylinder head spot faced. 78mm bore.

Before porting.

After

Bearings came in last week.

By flyinryan122
#305459 :) Oh hi guys. Small update. Got a few new toys for the car the past few weeks. One being a Comp 59500 cam shaft. $60+my cam, so I couldnt complain. A kid really wanted my 59300, so he ordered the 59500, and we traded.

New wheel bearings, new ball joints, ARP extended studs, fresh paint.

;) Plus a few things..

By Punksz6
#305474 :thumb:
By brandoff88
#305479 holy.....effinn.....jesus.... :o i bet your butt dyno really gets a good workout on the stip eh? sucks about the sensor walking but, we live and learn, and build better, diggin you kept the sohc, im rockin the d15b but not at that level....hopefully turbo one day but i neeeeeeddddddd mmmmmmoooonnnneeeyyyy hahah and damn almost a 4 year build....thats nuts
By 92civicEGsedan
#305515 nice build :thumb:
i used to be a big fan of v8s up until a year or so ago and always thought a civic couldnt do something like this and was slow, so this really amazes me.
By SkunkDcivic
#305562 What did you do to your transmission
By flyinryan122
brandoff88 wrote:holy.....effinn.....jesus.... :o i bet your butt dyno really gets a good workout on the stip eh? sucks about the sensor walking but, we live and learn, and build better, diggin you kept the sohc, im rockin the d15b but not at that level....hopefully turbo one day but i neeeeeeddddddd mmmmmmoooonnnneeeyyyy hahah and damn almost a 4 year build....thats nuts

Thanks!

92civicEGsedan wrote:nice build :thumb:
i used to be a big fan of v8s up until a year or so ago and always thought a civic couldnt do something like this and was slow, so this really amazes me.

Haha it surprises a lot of v8 guys.

SkunkDcivic wrote:What did you do to your transmission

As far as? I sent the gears to get face plated so they were dog engagement, but libertys gears held on to them for two months and then decided to tell me they couldn't do it. So I'm putting another stock CG trans together.
By SkunkDcivic
#305574 Your doing stock trans with LSD and what else?
By flyinryan122
#305579 Stock trans, open diff. Stock axles. Oem gsr shifter. Working on building a gsr transmission to swap later on.
By flyinryan122
#307832 Welp, after a VERY long 5 month wait... Rods are here. That is all that was needed to assemble the engine, and get everything back into the car :) Hopefully be back on the race track before the end of the month :/

Cyl head pics after the valve job. Ferrea +1mm oversized valves, 78mm ported combustion chamber.

All the new goods on the car. Switched to integra brakes from my small cx brakes.

By flyinryan122
#307843 Yep. First backordered, then I called and the asked the company I ordered from to ship any d16 rod they could and they said they were doing a buy in with BC so those would ship asap. After 2 1/2 months they called and said BC doesnt make a d16 rod, so i went back on the list for eagles.

Ferrea 6000 series

Hopefully be racing by the end of the month. I still have some wiring to get done, and a few other misc things to do
By Eg6H2D
#308643 Lovely. cant wait to see this thing rip again.

I dont recall this but did Chris Miller ever have a fender exit exhaust... ?

This was at MIR this weekend where he was testing and tuning.
By flyinryan122
#310344 Lol, he just did that at the end of last year. due to his new turbo set up.

Few new goods over the past few weeks.

Brand new MH slicks I picked up local for $100

Lenso wheels to mount them on. This will be a temp setup. I want wider wheels.

OEM honda oil pump, crank shaft key way, oil strainer, and oil strainer gasket.

OH NOES!

This happened July 4th, 2012 3:13am. Racecar is on hold for a few weeks until we get settled into our new routine with her. :)