Post YOUR Hatchback here
By flyinryan122
#181290 Had the day off thursday (never ever have time off work). Got a lot of work done. Mainly wiring, and my new trans in, and the trans mount fabbed up. Also got my clutch coming :twisted:

First pic, My new shifter.

This is my tranny. It's called a CG trans for the dual cam ZC found in 86-89 acura integras. They don't have a mount on the top of the trans like regular d-series trannies. so i had to fab up my own bracket.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.

On with the clutch, The shop i work for is a Comp Clutch, and a Clutch masters dealer, so i got a good deal on this. It's a clutch masters FX500 dual diaphram, Sintered Iron disc :twisted: . Capable of holding about 550ftlbs of torque for a sohc. Down side, It's a very harsh engagment. it's all or nothing, no easing it out and driving it slow. so street driving should be fun ehh?
By BLaCkSiLo
#181476 i love that shifter... is this a dedicated track car or is it going to be street legal? good work on the fab job as well

and i think it will pretty much be comical to see you try to go thru traffic lights :hehe:
By flyinryan122
BLaCkSiLo wrote:i love that shifter... is this a dedicated track car or is it going to be street legal? good work on the fab job as well

and i think it will pretty much be comical to see you try to go thru traffic lights :hehe:
Thanks. lol

Leaning towards track car. But i can't stand leaving it in the garage, so i will be TRYING to street drive it :lol: hahaha.
By BLaCkSiLo
#181644 that will be a kick in the pants as a track car, however, it would probably be beneficial to lower the boost on the street to around ~250whp cause i'm pretty much there and traction becomes an issue 8)

are you going to have an EBC or anything....and what is the advantage of the CG transmission?
Last edited by BLaCkSiLo on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JoseEJ1
#181655 Bad ass car :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#181664 sweet if it dont work make it work thats awesome ive seen people put in the motors from the 1st gen but never teh transmission lol. Nice job and so far its going nicely...
By flyinryan122
BLaCkSiLo wrote:that will be a kick in the pants as a track car, however, it would probably be beneficial to lower the boost on the street to around ~250whp cause i'm pretty much there and traction becomes an issue 8)

are you going to have an EBC or anything....and what is the advantage of the CG transmission?
I am using an AEM boost solenoid for an ebc, it is controlled through the Hondata s300. That way i can have a toggle switch for high and low boost. But low boost will be my 91oct pump gas map, tuned on wastegate pressure which should be about 280-300. Then i can empty out the pump gas and put in the race gas (VP Q16) and then flip the switch for high boost which is where i'm trying to make 600+. The boost solenoid also alows me to do boost by gear for drag racing. which is awesome.

The CG trans is basically a B-series, but will bolt up to a D-series. It is from the 86-89 acura integra with the dual cam ZC. all the gears and diferential are beefier than a b-seres. It uses a half shaft for the axles like a b-series. you can open it up and put in a b16 LSD. the gear ratio is way better than any other sohc tranny, plus it has a handcuff after 4th gear. the handcuff keeps everything from separating, which is why gear sets get trashed. The b-series guys replace 5th gear with a handcuff for drag racing, but obviously lose 5th. See the black cover on the one end of the trans? 5th gear is right inside there, and is interchangable with 5th gear from an accord. which means freeway driving will be awesome. no revving it out. the guy i know using this set up used to blow a tranny a week on his sohc making 450hp, it took him a year to break this one, but all he did was crack the case. easy fix.

Got the call yesterday. They are almost done with my clutch and should be shipping it out today or thursday. :woot:
By goblin
#182240 this is the 1st time i heard about the cg tranny. not only you custom braket it also mod the final drive.. i was completely overwhelm with info on the CG tranny. :thumb: This is good stuff.. if the honda engineers sees this thier gonna shake their head and saya"youuu crazyee motherf***er"...

evil ride.. :twisted:
By flyinryan122
#182669 Got my clutch friday! Clutch Masters rocks. Louis hooked it up! My order was pretty off the wall but he deffinetly too care of me. I'll explain a bit about what i got. The CG tranny has a different input shaft than regular d-series tranny's, so i called and asked if he could take their FX500 d16z6 clutch kit, and rivet the center hub section for the CG trans onto a z6 clutch disc. Then i wanted a dual diphram pressure plate for more clamp force on the clutch disc. he told me he'd give me a deal on a flywheel so i said sure. he called me back a few days later and said ''hey isn't the inside of the bell housing smaller than a regular d-series trans?'' i said yeah, and he said oh okay, well i'll fix that for ya.

So friday rolls around and a package shows up. WOW haha. this thing is nuts. It's thier FX500 sintered iron disc (insane!) Then the dual diaphram pressure plate, and he took and machined the edges so they clear inside the trans, then a made a custom pilot bushing for the flywheel, and sent a chromoly flywheel to go with it.

On with the pics.

Custom dual diaphram

Machined edge

Sintered Iron disc w/a20 center hub

Chromoly flywheel w/pilot bushing

Lol ditched my other catch can idea for a moment. This is my new one :D

It's comin together :)
By 1updelsol
#182671 its def.. lookin good!!!
By {ikon}EM1
#182708 Image
wtf :o is that a ammo box for m80 nato rounds???!!!! so ur using that as a oil catch tank??? if soooo, thats bad ass... :thumb:
By flyinryan122
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Image
wtf :o is that a ammo box for m80 nato rounds???!!!! so ur using that as a oil catch tank??? if soooo, thats bad ass... :thumb:
HAHAHAHA yeah!! Went to our local surplus store yesterday and picked it out. And yeah, that'll be my oil catch can. I'm just going to weld fittings on so i don't mess up the paint. :thumb:
By breez
#182716 Standing Ovation that ish is Active damn !
Clean car and props for makin that tranny work :thumb: