Post YOUR Hatchback here
By FlopUrDonk
Josh721 wrote:Look good!

Thanks homie
By EconoBox
#352771 I like the strut tower bar hood prop :lol:

Simple Green and a pressure washer will be you best friend to clean that bay out before putting that pretty new B series in there.

Can't wait to see it with the B in!
By FlopUrDonk
#352776 Its amazing how much your mind changes when your puttin in the engine. So many ideas when ur puttin the engine in with someone who has built a hundred cars and wants you to do this and that $$$$$$$$. But he's right in a few things. Save the mani and throttle body till I get cams and valvetrain. Gonna get a fake j's intake and put the headers on and make the exhaust once I get the car barred which will be next month so gonna ride it stock for a bit. Well without further wait....

Didn't have time to clean it as this is my daily. I will this weekend and show yall clean bay whores whats up. Peace.
By Josh721
#352860 Lookin good man! The simple will save the day! Or a good degreaser and high power sprayer! Nice job so far!
By FlopUrDonk
#353353 Thanks man. So I was having major electrical shorts in with the dizzy. I got a Gsr harness and was going to swap it out and said fuck it maybe I can find something and tore apart the harness. Found a spliced wire where I thought it would be. Isolated with electrical tape and ran fine. Later, after taking it for a test drive, car stalled out at a stop sign. Found that my heater control valve was broke and was spraying liquid everything. I mean the fitting the hose connects to was broke. Most importantly all over my tps. Which was throwing a code. Waited for like an hour then bypassed it. Also found a vacuum leak as I was down in there. Some weird little hose completely outta sight. Since then. Knock on wood :pray: :pray: :pray: . She's been running like a dream. Way better mpgs. Received my slim fan so this weekend or next week headers should be installed then off to the muffler shop. I'm having some weird idle issues nothing insane so I think I gotta recheck the basics. Oh. Also made an intake using a tube a friend gave me and my old 3" k&n. I'll post pics when the exhaust is installed. This car has def been a love hate relationship haha.
By suspendedHatch
#353381 I'll be swapping a B18C1 into my VX in a couple weeks after I've moved back to SD. Are you planning to detail out the process of getting it BAR'd? Does your exhaust place do mandrel bends... that's a long shot but I'll be needing an exhaust done and I've been gone so long that I don't know any reputable places.

They're going to require either the stock GSR intake or a 50 state legal one. I wish there was a clean way to use the stock one or an intake hose swapped from another car to the single cam box or a B16 box. I'd really rather not get an AEM.
By FlopUrDonk
#353384 Thanks ill. I'll take care of all the appearance stuff when I'm happy with the engine. But I completely agree.

I wasn't planning on documenting it but I plan on getting it bar'd end of June. I have a stock Gsr air box in my garage. Have done a complete tune up on the car. Cleared all my codes except for the knock. Which I have. Only thing left is to get an exhaust made. I'm up in north county so I go to either Lyons in San Marcos or joors in Escondido. Both great shops but in my opinion Lyons is the best. And yea they do mandrel bends not sure about joor. But it does work in my favor that my buddy runs a smog shop so he'll help me out as well.
Good to hear ur coming back to SD. I always did.

Edit: after debating and yelling with my buddy not sure if they mandrel.
By FlopUrDonk
#353387 Found the video. 3/4 v tec kicked funneled into a VX exhaust.

Video deleted from YouTube.
Last edited by FlopUrDonk on Sat May 02, 2015 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By FlopUrDonk
#353500 Finally got around to installing the header. Also got a skunk2 IM. Off to the muff shop.

By FlopUrDonk
#353522 So I ended up taking my car to Leo at joor to do my exhaust. He's done good work for me before. Went with the magnaflow tip 2.5" all the way. I'm am very pleased. Not loud with a low growl until I get on it. The vtec kick is something else now. Next is the IM which I should be able to put on on wens. Then it's on to some head work. I have a b16 head in my garage so trying to figure out what route I wanna go. But that's gonna cost some major g bombs so I'll take this step nice and slow. Saw suspended hatch changed his location to Escondido. :hehe:

By FlopUrDonk
#353907 So she is going in the garage for a couple weeks. On 2 week vacation so finally getting time to install the IM and get it tuned. Sorted most everything out only code I'm throwing is knock so I'll change it out when I do the mani install. This car is way to much fun. I can't wait to get her running with a tune as she is already a beast. Been doing a ton of weight reduction. Well as much as I can on a vx but without rear interior no ps and ac... I'll post pics of the install but first. Hawaii :hehe:

By Loaf31
#353908 Lookin' real good, man! :thumb: keep it up!
By FlopUrDonk
#353920 Thanks man. She's been a real bitch but everything is coming together quite nicely. After I get her tuned I'll start on some cosmetic stuff. Can't wait to strap the gold asr subframe with the sway. Should ad some nice bling along with some handling then off to auto x. 8) oh yeah. Picked up some rear discs so they should be added soon. Thanks for the visit.

I miss her already!!!!!!!

By FlopUrDonk
#354004 Back from the islands. Time to get some work done. Finally can install my sway cause this arrived.