Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Civic Savior
RednessblAze wrote:that's a real good progress, man :) how's the rust removing going?

Actually i am looking for a clean sedan shell to swap all my stuff into...the rust on this hatch is bad!!! It will be cheaper in the long run to buy a shell which means more money for mods :cruisin:
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:Picking up a sedan shell tomorrow :woot:
Will post up pics when i get it home!!!!

Awesome man!
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:Yes!! Straight body no rust no motor FULL interior $200!!

WOW! Can't wait to see pics!

But it looks like you will have to start a new build thread in the sedan section lol.
By ProjectB
#351236 Good work on the progress, keep it going!
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:Headed out to pick up my sedan!!!

:woot:
By Civic Savior
CopyLifted wrote:
Civic Savior wrote:Headed out to pick up my sedan!!!

:woot:

Lol got it home. Still had an auto d series trans and the factory manifold back exhaust!! Lol full interior less the carpet and god only knows what else. Wont be able to go through it or post pics till tomortow though.
By CopyLifted
Civic Savior wrote:The new car is a 1992 4 door DX EG8 manufactured in Suzuka, Japan :headbang:

NICE! :thumb:
By Civic Savior
#351313 Well here she is!!!

Still has an auto D series trans, axles, full A/C, rad with trans cooler, Oem intake tube, Oem airbox and starter!!

Full interior less the carpet AND a free ecu?? sure why not? :thumb:

Couldnt pass for $200. Has a ferw dents and dings but not a bit of rust! Has coilovers in front and....cut rear springs on stock struts :thumbdown: More to come!! Gotta start swapping parts and get the bushing kit installed on the sedan.
By CopyLifted
#351329 Not bad for $200! And no rust? SCORE!

Are you leaving it auto or planning on converting to a 5 speed? Hell, you have everything but the auto to manual mount to do it lol.
By Civic Savior
#351330 I wanna go 5 speed...where can i get that mount? Also do you know if my manual steering rack will bolt up? It has a power rack in it without a pump. I would like to swap my manual rack over if possible.
By CopyLifted
#351331 For the mount, you can look on ebay I guess. I know Hasport makes one.

As for the power to manual conversion, I'm not sure. I've read it's a plug and play simple swap but you have to swap out the subframe as well due to the power steering rack being larger. If you don't swap out the subframe, you'll have to fab a bracket to hold the rack.

I've never done it so I couldn't really tell you what's involved other than what i have read.