Post YOUR Hatchback here
By JDMLYFE
#350020 hey guys so I bought a skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 throttlebody. I decided to go all motor, cams are pretty pricey, would it be worth it to get itr cams? and I was told I should build the block? this is a budget build. what to do lol
By Leppy
JDMLYFE wrote:hey guys so I bought a skunk2 intake manifold and skunk2 throttlebody. I decided to go all motor, cams are pretty pricey, would it be worth it to get itr cams? and I was told I should build the block? this is a budget build. what to do lol

Friendly advice. I've got a skunk2 intake manifold and the Alpha-series throttle body.

The manifold works great, but the TB is trash. Mine will not stay in voltage range for the TPS and the idle jumps, despite months of tweaking and tuning and using the OEM TPS sensors and an aftermarket one. I don't think i'm alone in that, either.

So just be wary of it, i'm gonna junk mine next month for an Edlebrock or BWR that come with a pre-tuned TPS.
By JDMLYFE
#350022 really?! no way. yea I got the 70mm tb :(
By Leppy
JDMLYFE wrote:really?! no way. yea I got the 70mm tb :(

Mine is 66mm. Hopefully the larger ones are better. Does yours come with a TPS pre-installed? Mine was bare and I had to re-use the OEM one.

If it has one pre-installed, great. If not, I've found best performance if you can get the idle at a perfect 0.5 volt with OEM TPS only. The aftermarket ones will not stay in tune. Mine goes over-voltage when I floor it and the CEL pops on, and runs it rich.
By JDMLYFE
#350024 no it didn't come with one, ill be using the oem one.
By JDMLYFE
#350025 what are the best cams to use? iv seen most are around 500+ new. plus I need dual springs etc,
By JDMLYFE
#350239 anyone
By JDMLYFE
#350914 hey guys so major updates(kinda) lol got the motor together and in car, have a few questions.

block:
stock b16a
engine:
b16a
supertech valve seals
supertech valvetrain kit
skunk2 intake mani
skunk2 70mm throttle body
4-2-1 dc headers
whale penis intake
i will be putting blox stage 1 cams later on..

does anyone know what my power will be like( roughly) also should i get it tuned even though im not putting cams in yet?
By rootbeer_eg
#350933 i don`t know what horsepower you`ll be looking at but i will recommend that you get a tune !
By JDMLYFE
#350934 Even without installing the cams?!
By JDMLYFE
#353470 What's up guys, haven't been on here In a while.
Finally I can post some real updates!!finally got the motor in and the car running. I'm going got a tune next week. Just getting a basic chip and tune.
I'm going to take a pic of the motor tmrw morning. I put neo Chrome tear lower control arms. Neo Chrome subframe and neo Chrome tie bar. Also neo Chrome frnder washers and all other washers. Not sure what you doing rims I want to use yet

Image[/URL
[URL=http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/michaeldouglas11/media/22399B76-8743-438B-8A83-AD5CD3BF1EC4_zpsqbdjasfn.jpg.html]Image

By bmacd11
#353658 lookin good. engine looks nice and fresh.
By JDMLYFE
#353659 I really really messed up and didn't paint the engine bay when motor was out. I regret it badly now. Iv thinkin of just hand painting the main areas on the bay as there's old paint and stuff. With the motor and car looking fresh the bay kills everything
By JDMLYFE
#354163 Let's bring my story back to life! Lol gone through a lot with the car :(
Everything was going good, have had the car on the road for only a week and I noticed a tiny bit of coolant between head and block :( taking to the shop where I got my motor assembled and gonna talk to them Cuz this isn't right.
I'm having a terrible time with the skunk2 theottle body. Iv tried everything and it still sticks so I'm going to get a type R one.

I need help with this, for some reason my ledt turn signal blinks fast and looks dinner then the right side, all the bulbs are good, anyone know what it could be? I go to the scrapyard every week to get parts so I just need to know what it is I need to get. I also have a hole in my floor so going to replace the floor pan. I just can't belive my headgasket is gone :x

Painted the stock eg cluster needles red.

Test fitting my future rims. Just need to get 4x114 adapters

Neo Chrome everything :) check out GARAGE16 peeps! Ships worldwide

Had a fireplace shovel laying around so I tapped the threads and made a shift knob out of the shovel handle

By FlopUrDonk
#354165 Love the shift knob. The Mallard