Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Dat D Powa
#341522 Hello everyone, if anyone has missed my post on the newcomers section heres a little background. My name is Alex and I am from Canada Ontario. Ive recently bought a 93 EG Hatch a few months ago after I sold my previous 98 Civic Coupe.

I have decided to start a new project thread on my hatchy and I will try my best to keep everyone updated as I go along but bear with me I do not get as much time as I want to work on the car but like I said ill try my best here it goes!

***How she is now***

Price I bought it for: $300 :thumb:

Vehicle: 1993 Civic EG Hatchback :P

Engine it came with : JDM SOHC D16ZC non-vtec equivalent to (D16A6)

Color: Some not so good looking orange like a pumpkin I think he painted it with a brush ugh :shock: :?

My plans for this summer!

Engine: Same D16ZC fully built running around 20-25psi

Engine Bay: Full wire tuck and shave

Interior: Full interior refresh with panels painted, new seats and carpet. Some custom dash work as well gonna have to wait and see as we go haha
8) . Possibly a cage well see how the budget goes.

Exterior & Color: My dad is an autobody painter and has been for 20+ years so I cant wait to get the car painted I guarantee it will look absolutely flawless! :woot: Color wise we are going with House Of Kolor Burgundy Red Pearl with supporting exterior pieces such as a carbon duck bill, carbon front lip and carbon hood will post pics of the types later. To top it off looking at getting the Klutch Republic SL1 Silver wheels with some nice Toyo R888 or Falken Azenis Rubber.

Here are some photos of the first day I brought her home after a long drive from Chatham Kent which is about 3 and a half hours away from where I live, but she made it no problems!!!!
By Dat D Powa
#341523 Image
By Dat D Powa
#341525 Image
By Dat D Powa
#341527 As promised here are a couple of photos of my previous car. My beloved 98 coupe. 8)

Was one hell of a clean whip. :(

By Dat D Powa
#341528 Now back to the hatch, here are photos of when my buddy and I took the head off before we went to pull the motor out. The engine bay was extremely dirty and gross and it looked like the engine bay had never seen a drop ofwater in its lifetime lol :shock: :shock: :shock:

Not to mention the mess of wires and crap everywhere.

By Dat D Powa
#341530 Heres some photos of the engine bay after we pulled the motor out and degreased it and scrubbed it clean of the crud and dirt. Much better :thumb:

By Dat D Powa
#341531 My buddy had the valve cover sprayed with paint stripper and then degreased and painted a nice purple while I worked on getting the head cleaned up.

By Dat D Powa
Civic_HatchSI wrote:Welcome! Nice project car you got there, good luck with your build :thumb:

Thank you so much Civic HatchSI i cant wait this year!
By EG6_rugby
#341543 It amazing what a little de- greaser and pressure does to an engine bay. Like a whole new car. I wanted to do this to my bay but with the possibility of closing on a house in a month and a half. she gets to stay dirty
By Dat D Powa
EG6_rugby wrote:It amazing what a little de- greaser and pressure does to an engine bay. Like a whole new car. I wanted to do this to my bay but with the possibility of closing on a house in a month and a half. she gets to stay dirty

Ya definately man i just had a bucket of water some soap, degreaser and i actually didnt use a pressure washer just the garden hose hahaha :thumb:
By Dat D Powa
#341556 Heres some more photos of me starting to clean up the head. I just used paint stripper for the actual outside casting and then used paint thinner and a steel brush to clean the top and bottom. After I removed the cam and rocker assembly and then on the bottom of the head on all 4 combustion chambers I went over with a fine wheel on my dremel and cleaned her up real nice.

By Dat D Powa
#341557 Heres the rocker assembly off and apart I soaked and cleaned each individual piece in paint thinner worked excellent. Here is the head and rocker assembly fully cleaned. Next photos I will upload is after I start working on cleaning up the exhaust ports I want to get them polished up good and then clean up the intake port and finally after I order my new gaskets ill port match them to the head.

Heres the rocker assembly before :shock:

And after! :lol:

By Dat D Powa
#341558 Woops forgot the pic of the head here it is :thumb:

By lalo
#341559 damn that looks nice :shock: wish I could do that.