Post YOUR Hatchback here
By dandurance
#340656 Looking forward to hear your progress!
By Phoenix288
#341000 My X-mas presents have arrived:

Hasport Axles, Energy Suspension bushings and some tools :thumb:

Replacing the parts next week. I'll keep you updated...

P.S.: Also great news, I met the previous owner and he told me the engine is not original. His son didn't know you need to do oil changes so this engine has less than 100k kms on it. That was a good X-mas present ! :lol:
By Phoenix288
#341320 Well the drive shafts are installed and transmission and engine oil change made.

The ride feel is 100% better now, though I discovered some other parts to be changed...

This is going to be a long build.......
By Phoenix288
#343059 Finally got install my Blox Racing rear arm bushings.

They're sitting on top on my new Falken Ziex ZE914 tires.

After a troublesome installation and flanges that didn't really match up to the rear arm, I have too say that the ride is way better though much stiffer.

Next step is rust repair and replacing the temperature control cable (heater)...

Going on a 1100 km (680 miles) trip tomorrow. This will test out my new bushings and tire setup... All I can say about the tires, is that they grip like mad.
By Phoenix288
#343473 So, I went to get professional advice on my rust problems.

The rust is really bad on the rear back panel, so much so that it would cost me 3000 to get it fixed by a pro.

So for now, I'll put my little project on hold until I find a solution: either find the time and tools to do it myself or find a new EG to work with.

I am thinking of biding my time until I get enough cash to import an actual EG6 SiR II from Japan, scavenge the firewall and dash from my EG3 and install them in there.

It might be a lot more work that fixing the rust but also worth it. What do you guys think ?

I'll post picture tomorrow to show the extent of the rusts progression.
By 95 Si
#344523 looks good... hope everything works out