Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Loki_95EG
#336740 So I joined this site a few years back.. Hung out, read the different catergories, scoped out the attitude of most members before I ever even thought about registering.. which since that time Ive drifted away from the site and always found my way back without a doubt. This has been my favorite Honda forum since Ive discovered it.

I started a build thread a few years back.. On my 95 Civic Hatchback cx, Which still lurks in the archives.. Since that time.. that thread has come to a hault. Not because I wanted it to... because I forced it to. So here are a few pictures of my 1st Civic Hatch, Lost but not forgotten.

That was a tragic night just over 2 years ago. Thanks to my own stupidity and lack of better judgement. she is now gone.. I have missed her everyday since.

Now as stated just over 2 years later.. Im beginning to build another Civic Hatchback. Ive owned a few Honda's since the accident..2 Del Sosl, 92 Prelude 4ws (still have/GFs), 98 Prelude, 90 Crx si (current Daily), And my GF just got herself a EG hatch as well! But after waiting for so long my gf was driving to work and spotted a Hatchback parked in a field for sale.. I went to look at it, read the specs writtin on the cardboard in the passenger window..called the guy and bought it no questions asked. She was wrecked... but after wrecking mine didn deserve a perfect hatch. so I start with rebuilding this one. here she is.
.Image

As you can see by the pictures... there was a lil damage. Hood wouldn open so I couldnt even see the engine. Said it had a B16 on the cardboard and the owner confirmed that. The car started right up, ran good and shifted smooth.. missed here and there like it needed new plugs or wires... so basic tune up was in need. I took the car home and the next day I went diggin to see what I had... I paid $1100 for this car.

So first thing I did was pop the hood... had to brake the old hood latch to get it off.. so upon opening the hood I see that it was indeed a b16a, pr3 head, and s21 trans. Looked at the ecu.. and there was a p30.. right off the bat I didn reconize the trans code. Found out.. it was a complete SiR Swap, I even had the JDM Cluster in KPH, Vtec kicked in right at 5800 rpm It had a no name random intake that was soon replaced with my PWJDM Whale penis off the old Hatch and stock Header. , Right then.. I knew I had found a diamond in the rough. upon looking the car over... it had Blox rear lower control arms, Tokico Blue Suspension, Rota Slipstreams, Skunk2 catback exhaust, Gsr Cloth seats, rear lower tie bar, rear strut bar, front strut bar, rear C-Pillar bar, Completely gutted.. No rear plastics, seats, carpet, nothing. just front seats, armrest, center console and door panels. I wasn upset at all... oppurtunity for a frest start on whatever I wanted. So the project begins.. and Ive put in a bit of work since Ive owned it for only about a month now. I will have those pictures up shortly once my computer stops being retarded.

Thanks for reading what I have so far. I will be updating as I get things done. Feels good to be back in a hatch again.
By TrailerTrash
#336742 welcome back

sounds like you got a heck of alot of goodies for 1100!
good start dude ill be fallowing this :thumb:
By Loki_95EG
#336743 This Pictures my computer wanted to be gay about.

By Loki_95EG
#336744 Thanks man! Its gonna be a relatively slow build since Im in school full time.... but it doesn really need much.
By Civic_HatchSI
#336778 Glad you decided to come back to the forum !!! Shitty deal with your old hatch tho!!! Looks like she hit pretty hard ...wow!

Good luck with your new project, looks to be a good platform to start with :thumb:
By Punksz6
#336784 :thumb:
By Loki_95EG
#337007 So not my car, but my GFs Hatch!

How it looked when we bought it about a month ago..

Now

So thats my GFs build. Part of the reason mine has been on the back burner!
By Virux
#337034 One thing is for sure.. fortune is with you on that find. It was meant to be :thumb:
By Loki_95EG
Virux wrote:One thing is for sure.. fortune is with you on that find. It was meant to be :thumb:

You know.. everyone keeps saying that, cant say I dont feel the same, My old hatch was piece of me.. hoping to regain that same connection with this build!
By dialup
#337045 In this picture, did you make the front bumper and hood one piece?

By Loki_95EG
#337046 ^^ Actually no haha. I never noticed it looked that way. Good eye tho man. The front end is blue now like the above pictures show.
By ohDirka
#337065 Good luck with the build. Sometimes sad endings bring great beginnings. :thumb:
By Loki_95EG
#339734 Ok so I havent been on in a bit... been pretty busy working on the GF's daily... I will have some pictures up in a day or so of a couple things Ive done and still working on!!

Got rid of the GSR cloths for straight trade for some S2K seats and stock EG seats... not sure what he was thinkin... but I jumped on that deal. also just ordered Brand new carpet from Rockauto.com. waitin on that... still workin on piecing together the rest of my missing interior!
By Loki_95EG
#339783 Couple of updated pictures Ive taken since Ive started driving it daily.

S2k seats, cars a lil messy sorry for that.

More to come.. Just got my new carpet in the mail from Rockauto.com, My rain guards came in, and I should be putting my full interior back in once Its all black. Im in school at the moment and my next class is Trim and Upholstery.. so my back seats which I have multiples of will be getting done. I will keep everyone updated