Post YOUR Hatchback here
By K!RK_180i
DeanPant wrote:Thanks!! i spent a few sleepless nights thinking about the color scheme i want, i think ill try source some matte black slips or Mugen RNRs in white :thumb:

the cf bonnet i purchased without seeing it first.... which wasnt smart. it fits really bad. :thumbdown: going to try get it aligned after the cars running

@ AutoXRacer, can't believe you bought ur hatch for $50!

awesome work put in your project Dean, some real dedication bra, Black slips will look siiick just make sure they are 16" ne 8) lol and here is a guy in Cape Town selling Mugen RNR reps in white :thumb: keep up the awesme work buddy
By DeanPant
#335181 Update : Been busy putting everything back in, only really have time after work in the evenings.

wiring is all in, dash and air boxes, fuse box under the dash, DC2 brake booster and master clutch cyl

Completed the Jumper harness this past sunday with a friend

heres a the pin outs that were needed

OBD-2a || OBD-1

A01 - INJ #4 || A02 - INJ #4
A02 - INJ #3 || A05 - INJ #3
A03 - INJ #2 || A03 - INJ #2
A04 - INJ #1 || A01 - INJ #1
A05 - EMPTY
A06 - PO2SHTC || A06 - PO2SHTC
A07 - EMPTY
A08 - VTEC || A04 - VTEC
A09 - LG1 || A26 - LG1
A10 - PG1 || A23 - PG1
A11 - IGP1 || B01 - IGP1
A12 - IACV || A09 - IACV
A13 - EMPTY
A14 - EMPTY
A15 - EMPTY
A16 - FLR Fuel|| A07 - FLR
A17 - A/C Ctrl|| A15 - A/C Ctrl
A18 - MIL || A13 - MIL
A19 - ALTC || A16 - ALTC
A20 - ICM || A21 - ICM
A21 - EMPTY
A22 - LG2 || B02 - LG2
A23 - PG2 || A24 - PG2
A24 - IGP2 || A25 - IGP2
A25 - EMPTY
A26 - EMPTY
A27 - FANC || A12 - FANC
A28 - EMPTY ||
A29 - EMPTY ||
A30 - EMPTY ||
A31 - EMPTY ||
A32 - EMPTY ||

C01 - EMPTY
C02 - CKP P-side || B15 - CKP P-side
C03 - TDC P-side || B13 - TDC P-side
C04 - CYP P-side || B11 - CYP P-side
C05 - A/C switch || B05 - A/C switch
C06 - STS || B09 - STS
C07 - SCS || D04 - SCS
C08 - K-line || D07 - Diagnostic
C09 - EMPTY
C10 - Volt/backup|| D01 - Volt/backup
C11 - EMPTY
C12 - CKP M grnd || B16 - CKP M grnd
C13 - TDC M grnd || B14 - TDC M grnd
C14 - CYP M grnd || B12 - CYP M grnd
C15 - EMPTY
C16 - PSPSW || B08 - PSPSW
C17 - ALTF || D09 - ALTF
C18 - VSS || B10 - VSS
C19 - EMPTY
C20 - EMPTy
C21 - EMPTY
C22 - EMPTY
C23 - EMPTY
C24 - EMPTY
C25 - EMPTY
C26 - EMPTY
C27 - EMPTY
C28 - EMPTY
C29 - EMPTY
C30 - EMPTY
C31 - EMPTY

D01 - TPS || D11 - TPS
D02 - ECT || D13 - ECT
D03 - MAP || D17 - MAP
D04 - VCC1 MAP || D19 - VCC1 MAP
D05 - BKSW || D02 - BKSW
D06 - KS || D03 - KS
D07 - PH02S || D14 - PH02S
D08 - IAT || D15 - IAT
D09 - EMPTY
D10 - VCC2 || D20 - VCC2
D11 - SG2 || D22 - SG2
D12 - SG1 || D21 - SG1
D13 - EMPTY
D14 - EMPTY
D15 - EMPTY
D16 - ELD || D10 - ELD

So A C and D are the plugs, the number represents the Pins

So A01 is injector 4, this runs to the ob1 side of the jumper and connects to pin A02

HUGE thanks to Neal for helping me with this!

heres the completed harness

On the harness that plugs into this jumper (OBD1 side) i need to add ALT Control, Primary O2 sensor and VTAKZoR which connect to the 3 pins next to my thumb

Last night i carried on with some wiring making the rear harness have the factory fuel pump wiring in place and pinned it into the oem plug - no splicing all oemness

some mess from stripping a FI rear harness

added to the existing rear harness

and heres a pic of the dash in place

By DeanPant
#335183 thanks :D started in April this year. cant wait to drive it!
By EG {FIVE-500}
#335201 Blimey you have got on with that quick I started mine January last year and just on paint now but havin mega troubles lol Im not likin the whole paint business. :lol: What sort of materials have you used
By AutoXRacer
#335202 well if the bonnet dont fit right i'll buy it. =P
and yeah since my buddy bought a brand new charger he didnt want this junk anymore! SCORE FOR ME!. yeah everybody is pretty astonished by the price I paid. =)
By DeanPant
#335227 Are you painting it yourself? i sent it in to a mate who did it, ive attempted to paint a bonnet before and it came out baaaad - i was useless lol.
he used 2k paint i think. Do you have a build thread?? im keen to check it out

@ AutoXRacer - lol id sell it fast if i lived in the US, id be happy with an OEM bonnet but there's not many EG hatches this side of the world - they were never sold locally so this 1 is an import.. means parts are very hard to come by :thumbdown:
By #ROBIN#
#335228 Mooi bou thread :thumb:

glad to see another south african on here
By DeanPant
#335229 thanks dude! :D
By EG {FIVE-500}
#335252 Ah right cool i thought u had done it yourself. Na havnt managed to get one up yet but will do soon. Yea doing everything my self thought it would be good to learn with a friend of mine. Yea I'm using 2k urathane enamel boat paint but it's really thick so just found out today I need to thinn it out by half. I no what you mean painting is a :x it's going good now tho :thumb:
By AutoXRacer
DeanPant wrote:Are you painting it yourself? i sent it in to a mate who did it, ive attempted to paint a bonnet before and it came out baaaad - i was useless lol.
he used 2k paint i think. Do you have a build thread?? im keen to check it out

@ AutoXRacer - lol id sell it fast if i lived in the US, id be happy with an OEM bonnet but there's not many EG hatches this side of the world - they were never sold locally so this 1 is an import.. means parts are very hard to come by :thumbdown:

haha yeah i know how you feel, I wish some parts were easy to come by here in Canada, Shipping fees are rediculous!. lol

and with most of the build threads I have seen, 95% of you guys repaint your cars, I was debating on it because the finish product is amazing, but I have decided that me and a few buddies that do wrapping and tinting are going to 3M DI-Noc Wrap my entire car in High Gloss Black when I am done with the body work. you can see my build thread at the top of my signature. I just came to the conclusion that paint will chip, fade, and crack. The only issues I would have to worry about is peeling, but if we put it on correctly, we should be good. =P

your paint looks amazing though. I wish I coudl get some Carbon parts here for a decent price, everything is always soo overpriced!,
By EG {FIVE-500}
#335271 Yea I decided to do it my self for a cheaper job so I could fund more money into parts but after you have baught materials tools and everything else it ends up being the same price :? Apart from I get to keep all the tools at the end. :lol: 2k isn't that bad tbh it's really strong paint but wrapping does sound interesting have seen some cars done and you can hardly tell the difference will check your thread out :thumb:
By DeanPant
#335419 Been away from my pc for awhile, went away for the weekend, then promptly started to strip my sedan the day i got back haha :thumb:

engine will be out tonight then i need to swap out the steering racks. so glad i have a friend whose been helping me here.

@ EG {FIVE-500} wrapping was an idea for me, but the car had many dents from ppl opening there doors into it so it all had to be sorted out.

@ AutoXRacer Lol im glad to see im not alone with shipping costs, sometimes shipping costs more then the part

:x

keen to see your car wrapped!! ill be following your thread for sure!
By AutoXRacer
#335449 Yeah I have definitely paid more for shipping on some parts, shipping to Canada sucks for prices. Just duty taxes and customs fees are retarded.

Yeah I finally got my car and all the parts to my new garage so I will finally be able to get started on my car again once I get the garage organized, kind if a gong show right now. Haha

But once I get the whole quarter panels welded on and the engine bay welded together and shaved. I will be fixing all the little dents and getting the thing wrapped. =P

Definitely keep an eye out, I know I will be keeping yours subscribed. =P
By DeanPant
#335635 awesome ive subscribed to your build! :thumb: :thumb:

big update, worked every single night after work this past week with a friend of mine to have it running.. because im impatient and really want to drive the car :woot: heres some pics of the progress

ECU removed - p73

Ready for the motor to be removed

still clean after 2 years living in the sedan

DC2 short ratio steering rack removed

swapped racks over, got the hubs back on the sedan and pushed it out the garage - 12:30 at night on weds.. decide will push on and mount the motor

done 1am - took the photo the next morning

fri evening custom hubs, new studs, new wheel bearings, lower ball joints, ek4 disks, DC2 calipers, EBC red stuff pads

sat morning we started super early, fitted everything onto the motor (ps, belts, linkage, shafts etc) wired in vtec, knock sensors etc, and finally got the car on the ground. first start - nothing.. not even cranking over :/ very anti climax to a busy week. later that evening we remembered the b18b harness i got had a extra bunch of plugs going to a unbranded black box. decided to plug that in, turned the key and BAM... started up and purred LOUD on open headers

Dusty photo of it in the morning

still need to install seats and door cards etc.. and definitely need an exhaust before i go anywhere with it lol