Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Engraved EG
#328340 I think I have hand engraved enough parts for the "Engraved EG" project for the time being. Now its time to take the car to get the body work, wet sanding, paint, and clear taken car of. Then I can start working on some of the engravings on the body.

First, all of the body dents / creases / wrinkles were filled, pulled, and fixed. I sanded down some of those areas to make them flush with the rest of car.

By Engraved EG
#328341 Next, I grabbed the Password JDM: JDM Spec Replacement Fenders and started to prep them so they are ready to get primered.

A very import part of the "Engraved EG" project is the primer coat. I chose to go with a white polyester primer. I wanted to use a primer that is bright enough so when Im engraving through the top layer (which will be black), the primer will be easy to see. Many layers of white primer were sprayed and I wet sanded after each primer layer.

By Engraved EG
#328342 Following the multiple white polyester primer coats, several layers of black paint were sprayed and then some clear.

Im keeping the factory hood and front bumper on for the moment. Mmmmm. The EG looking so shiny, but that wont last for long. :(

About a week later, after giving the paint some time to cure, I started wet sanding the paint once again to achieve the proper paint thickness needed to start engraving on the body.

By Engraved EG
#328343 I then started to hand engrave some logos and imagery on the body of the EG. A couple logos were engraved on the driver side rear quarter panel.

Then a Password JDM logo was hand engraved.

Password JDM: logo on driver side fender.

Skull with angel wings, along with a banner. The banner will be filled in later. This is located on the passenger side rear quarter panel.

By Engraved EG
#328344 Japanese Koi Fish hand engraved on driver side rear quarter panel.

Koi Fish, lotus flower, cherry blossoms, and Japanese style "tattoo art" water designs were added. This is located on the roof of the EG by the corner of the windshield and driver side door.

By Engraved EG
#328352 Not long after I started hand engraving on the body of the EG, I got an "itch" to go pick up some SEIBON Carbon parts and start hand engraving on some carbon. :)

SEIBON Carbon parts:

- SEIBON Carbon: OEM Carbon Fiber Hood
- SEIBON Carbon: SP Style Duckbill Carbon Fiber Wing
- SEIBON Carbon: OEM Carbon Fiber Hatch
- SEIBON Carbon: SP Style Front Lip
- SEIBON Carbon: MG Style Side Skirts

SEIBON Carbon: OEM Carbon Fiber Hood

SEIBON Carbon: SP Style Duckbill Carbon Fiber Wing

SEIBON Carbon: OEM Carbon Fiber Hatch

SEIBON Carbon: SP Style Front Lip

By Engraved EG
#328355 I started with the SEIBON Carbon: OEM Carbon Fiber Hood. First, I hand engraved the SEIBON carbon logo. Then I engraved a HUGE dragon positioned in the center of the hood. Next, I added a Koi Fish by the headlight / driver side corner of the hood. After that, a half Dragon / half Koi Fish on the opposite side of the hood. Finally, I hand engraved "tattoo style" Japanese water filling in the rest of the hood. Hood is now completed. 600+ hand engraving hours went into this "one of a kind" hood for the "Engraved EG" project. :)

SEIBON Carbon: OEM Carbon Fiber Hood (BEFORE)

SEIBON Carbon: OEM Carbon Fiber Hood (FULLY HAND ENGRAVED)

SEIBON Carbon logo

Koi Fish by driver side headlight

Half Dragon / Half Koi Fish by passenger side headlight

Dragon in the center of hood.

By Engraved EG
#328368 Its time to engrave the SEIBON Carbon SP-Style Carbon Fiber Duckbill wing. This masterpiece took me roughly 150+ hand engraving hours to complete. The design features a SEIBON Carbon logo and some Japanese imagery.

SEIBON Carbon SP-Style Carbon Fiber Duckbill wing (BEFORE)

SEIBON Carbon SP-Style Carbon Fiber Duckbill wing (FULLY HAND ENGRAVED)

By Radix
#328372 This would be cool to see with another color underneath, or with multiple random colors (like those scratch things you used in art class)
By Engraved EG
Radix wrote:This would be cool to see with another color underneath, or with multiple random colors (like those scratch things you used in art class)

Thank you for your response Radix. I am adding color to the engravings once the entire car is hand engraved. I mentioned adding color to the engravings in my very first post, you may not have read that part. ;)
By Gustavo
#328379 I don't remember if u said all the brands where sponsors or not but how have they reacted to ur build? I mean the hood having Seibon engraved on their hood with beautiful artwork probably made them excited? Have they talked 2 u or sent u emails with words of encouragement?
By Engraved EG
Gustavo wrote:I don't remember if u said all the brands where sponsors or not but how have they reacted to ur build? I mean the hood having Seibon engraved on their hood with beautiful artwork probably made them excited? Have they talked 2 u or sent u emails with words of encouragement?

Gustavo, some of the brands / logos of the companies that are hand engraved on the "Engraved EG" are sponsors. All of the participating sponsors for the car absolutely love the concept, designs, idea behind the build. I have been in contact with those companies since this very extensive project began. There are quite a few logos on the "Engraved EG" that are NOT sponsors but do know of the project. There are many brands / people I stand behind and support so I have no problem hand engraing a specific logo of a brand that I like on the "Engraved EG".
By Engraved EG
#328381 Moving on to the SEIBON Carbon: carbon fiber hatch. This piece took roughly about the same time as the duckbill wing. 150+ hand engraving hours. The SEIBON carbon logo appears on the right hand side of the hatch and a Japanese Oni Mask on the left side.

SEIBON Carbon: Carbon Fiber Hatch (BEFORE)

SEIBON Carbon: Carbon Fiber Hatch (FULLY HAND ENGRAVED)

Japanese Oni Mask

By FG2_Andrew
#328382 god this is such a cool project! :thumb: