Post YOUR Hatchback here
By AutoXRacer
#328829 Well did not get to post my updates from last week, but here it is for the last 2 weeks.

Week #1:

Finally got the Power Steering lines, pump and everything ripped out, just ordered a AN Delete Kit for that, waiting for that to come in.

Getting the driver and passenger harnesses tucked and put back through the firewall. Just removing a bunch of things first.

Finally got the rear bumper removed! Holy crap was that a PITA! There is no way in hell that I could have removed those 5 screws with a screwdriver. I ended up using a pair of skinny vies grips and twisting those by hand. I am not sure what I am going to use to put back in the but definitely not those anymore.

After all that work I came to find that this car has been in a rear end accident before, the main rebar has some spot welds broke and the corner has been smashed in, all the while I am sanding down some of the rear quarte panels to get started on the new ones, this accident also made it to the side of the car, I found probably 3 or 4mm worth of bondo on the whol quarte panel. So that will be fun when it comes time to flush the new quarter panel together.

Week #2:
I got a fair amount of work done in the 2 days here. I sprayed the whole engine bay with shampoo to clean everything to see what I was really working with,

Was going to get started on moving the bay harnesses back through the firewall, but realized it was going to be a PITA without removing the heater core assembly and everything else. That was first, also removed my entire remote car starter and alarm system wiring since that was a fire hazard waiting to happen, will rewire that later. And pushed the harnesses back through the firewall. Now to get started on tucking them through the fenders.

Also sanded down the rear trunk area so I can primer it and repaint it black so it will be minty again, since that will be shown because of the cage.

Now I have just ordered the following:

Inline Fuel Filter Kit (Black AN Fittings and Black SS Braided Hose)
SS Braided Clutch Line (From Master to Slave)
Power Steering Loop Kit (Black AN Fitting and Black SS Braided Hose)
Driver and Passenger 6-Point Camlock 3" Harnesses
Quick Release Hub Adaptor (Steering Wheel)

Hopefully if the weather decides to cooperate with us Canadians and get nice outside instead of this snow, I want to rip over to Pick-N-Pull to grab a Rear Disk Conversion from a Teggy!

Well that's all I got for now, hope to get a good jump on relocating the fuse box and battery, then get started on shaving the engine bay and getting it prepped for paint.

And just to represent:
(Will be buying sticker soon)
By stubrun
#328831 going really well mate, are you removing all the seam sealer, filling all the unused holes etc? shall be watchng for the finished product :)
By AutoXRacer
stubrun wrote:going really well mate, are you removing all the seam sealer, filling all the unused holes etc? shall be watchng for the finished product :)

I think I will be leaving the seam sealer in the bay alone? Never seen it removed in a shaved bay before. Also yes I will be shaving and filling in all the unused holes to flush the bay.
By AutoXRacer
#329415 Update:

well since I am only allowed one of my four days off to go to the garage, I got a little bit done today.

I managed to wiggle the cotter pin out and remove the brake booster and MC out of the way.

Removed the entire clutch hard lines up to the slave.

Painted the entire trunk area of my car Duplicolor Perfect Match Honda Black so it looks like new. Everything else will be covered by the original panels.

Fixed the small part I broke on the steering rack, jb weld works wonders.

Removed all or the small nuts, bolts and grommets off the firewall, now just to move the brake lines and prop valve out of the way and I should be good to start sanding down and filling in all the unnecessary holes in the engine bay.

Car is pretty much entirely stripped apart except for the suspension, in which I will be ripping apart soon anyways because I plan to grab a rear disk conversion and front sick conversion off a Teggy, and thinking of ordering a full Chrome ASR Rear Subframe Brace, Chrome Beaks Lower Tie Bar, Chrome Skunk2 Lower Conrol Arms, and a Black Type R 23mm Sway Bar wirth Skunk2 EndLinks.

Progress with the Rear Quarter Panels didn't happen this week because I forgot my Wire Wheel at home to get all the crap off the spot welds for me to see, so next week I will get started on that.

Thanks for looking guys, watch for my update next week.
Last edited by AutoXRacer on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By AutoXRacer
#329972 Small update.

Finally got my Stainless Steel Full Length Clutch Line
Test fitted it see how I should run it later.

Also found out that once I received my 3000K HID Kit for my fogs, I went to test fit them because most people have said that you have to modify the housing a little because the bulb is too long, well I have a projector fog light and the bulb fits in perfectly with no modifying at all. Win I think!

Also picked up a full Energy Suspension Master Bushing Kit with Trailing arms for $80 and he even brought it to my door. =)

And last but not least, I finally got my 6-Point Camlock Harnesses after waiting a long time for them. Not really like I needed them right away anyways, the car is stripped =P
Got both driver and passenger for the fixed buckets.

And my baby girl Serenity that is taking up the rest of my time. =)
She is 4 Months and 22 Days Old today.

Thanks for reading.
Comments welcome.
Last edited by AutoXRacer on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
By AutoXRacer
#330445 Well another small update until the 15th, then I will be working hard on my rear quarter panels. I got my quick release hub adaptor in for my wheel, just something I have wanted but never really purchased, haha

And just to brighten up your lovely days a bit, You guys think my daughter will be a JDM RHD owner? haha.. She's 5 months old today. =)

Thanks for looking.
By AutoXRacer
#330501 Again another small update of new parts :hehe:

Finally got my Inline Fuel Filter, AN Fittings and Hose.
Now I am just awaiting the arrival of my Power Steering Delete Kit,

By AutoXRacer
#330673 Well finally was able to get started on the quarter panels, today I managed to get out all of the spot welds and pull off the driver side quarter panel, I was very pleased to see how little of rust I had building on the inside fender well. Also my rocker panels are not rusted at all either which I am so suprised about because here in Canada, these roads during the winter are garbage with a s**t ton of salt.

Here are some pictures of the driver side, still need to do some trimming, then will be able to start tack welding everything in place and then get started on the passenger side.

My buddy Travis giving me a hand getting the little amount of surface rust off the inner well.

And the results!

And mocked up the new quarter to see how the fit is, yay for no rust! =)
By TrailerTrash
#330694 thumbs up for no rust :thumb:

going through the same process myself :x
By strykr
#330707 Nice build thread, glad to see another Albertan here.
By AutoXRacer
#330717 Haha thanks, and yah I didn't realize how many spot welds there were, I actually broke 2 bits trying to get them out, lol. Such a PITA!
But trimming and welding the new one on will be so nice once it's on. =)

And there are a few on here, it's nice to see people close to home.
By AutoXRacer
#330987 Passenger Side Quarter out!
Finally got around to doing the passenger side, was not as clean as the driver side so I might have a to do a little bit of patchwork, but I grinned down all of the surface rust so I may just spray rust inhibitor on it and call it a day.

But this is what it looks like next week I will probably start trimming and making every seamless. And then rip out the suspension and rear trailing arms to get everything ready for a rear disk swap and all new bushings.

And the new panel mocked up for a test fit.

Also got another little suprise.
$100.00 later but will be worth it, finally got my AN Power Steering Looping Delete Kit! :woot:

Thanks for keeping an eye out. Hopefully next week I will have a lot more done. :bye:
By mitch6
#330995 Looking good man! I need to consider doing my quarter panels too!! Maybe I will see your car on the road sometime when its done seeing as you are in calgary.

BTW, where did you buy the panels? and for how much? I know they have a good site listed here on this site for cheap panels, wondering if maybe you bought them here?

:thumb: :thumb: