Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Bordeaux
#317526 Keep up the good work! :thumb:
By Press10
#317545 Thanks everyone, got a few more parts on the way for it, first one gets here tomorrow.

:thumb:

bigJOE671 wrote:Very nice progress of your civic :thumb:

How is the retrofit on your headlights treating you? got any pics of the beam pattern?

I love them, after i got my TSX ones on my prelude i hate driving in cars that dont have projectors and i knew it was a must for my civic.

I could have sworn i posted a pic, but guess not.

This is of my original set, but in my new ones they are the exact same setup so the beam pattern will be the same.

Left is civic with morimoto minis and Right is Prelude with TSX projectors with clear lens

By kimo
Press10 wrote:Thanks everyone, got a few more parts on the way for it, first one gets here tomorrow.

:thumb:

bigJOE671 wrote:Very nice progress of your civic :thumb:

How is the retrofit on your headlights treating you? got any pics of the beam pattern?

I love them, after i got my TSX ones on my prelude i hate driving in cars that dont have projectors and i knew it was a must for my civic.

I could have sworn i posted a pic, but guess not.

This is of my original set, but in my new ones they are the exact same setup so the beam pattern will be the same.

Left is civic with morimoto minis and Right is Prelude with TSX projectors with clear lens

Morimoto Minis are great, i have them in my retro fit setup which is pretty much identical to yours except i didn't black out the whole housing, just the bottom. I do however like how you have painted the Iris shroud black, looks cool. Did you have to bugger around modifying the shroud so that it would slide over the projector lens and fit properly?
By Eg6H2D
#317588 Looks good!!!! :thumb:

Where did you get your Black Projector Retrofit kit from?
By stubrun
#317590 Sweet eg mate, is there a how too some where to do the headlights?
By Press10
kimo wrote:
Morimoto Minis are great, i have them in my retro fit setup which is pretty much identical to yours except i didn't black out the whole housing, just the bottom. I do however like how you have painted the Iris shroud black, looks cool. Did you have to bugger around modifying the shroud so that it would slide over the projector lens and fit properly?

yeah, every shroud i have used on my retrofits has needed to be trimmed except the RSX and EM2 setups i have done.

EG6b20R wrote:Looks good!!!! :thumb:

Where did you get your Black Projector Retrofit kit from?

thanks man!

bought my kit from Theretrofitsource.com follow them on Facebook and wait till they have a group buy and get the kits for cheap.

I painted it all with a gunmetal color so you would have to do the same. Tempted to sell my current setup and do another blacked out one, but do devil eyes on it instead

stubrun wrote:Sweet eg mate, is there a how too some where to do the headlights?

I have enough pictures from doing mine i could do a write up if needed. the Morimoto sets are pretty much direct plug and play for the EG headlights. no trimming of the housing needed, only shrouds to get them to fit the housings.

start to finish i could probably do a set in 2 days mainly waiting on the oven to preheat to open the headlights and seal them shut... not to mention waiting for the JB weld to set for attaching the shrouds (first set i did i didnt attach the shroud and with stiff hasport mounts it popped right off after a few weeks and i just had to open the headlight back up and pop it on with some JB weld on it this time lol)

Got some new stuff today and put on my Heim jointed rear LCAs, super excited for tomorrow to take it out to the track :D

Also had to fix my front passenger side fender... some unfortunate bumps caught my tires and messed it up pretty bad so i had to do a quick bend back in tonight with some pliers... cracked sooo much paint
:thumbdown:

Good thing new fenders are coming in spring :thumb: along with some paint
By Press10
#317717 My vid from one of my runs tonight, shared the go pro around so i dont have as many vids as i would like.

Only got 2 runs in today thanks to multiple people needing to be towed off the course and one car (a 93ish firebird or trans am) catching fire. i edited out the first 5 minutes since i just sat there waiting for a cone to be cleared -_- sorry bout the wind noise in advance as well.

their cone setup was throwing me off pretty bad so i went a little slower than i would have liked as well :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr3q7Brp ... e=youtu.be
By Press10
bigJOE671 wrote:did you use the sealed case for the GoPro?

yeah, got all the way out there and realized i never put the skeleton case back on and left it at my computer desk.

i was more worried about remembering my helmet this time that i over looked the go pro. it sucked renting one for the event last time i was out there so i made sure not to forget it this time
By Press10
#318538 welp as things have it, some name dropping on facebook occured and i ended up with a Yonaka exhaust and megan test pipe for fairly cheap, test pipe was slightly used and the exhaust had never been put on the car.

all of that went on tonight and ill have pictures for everyone soon.

also ended up picking up another valve cover up to be redone to replace my pink one currently on. this one has the cam gear section already cut out, but its kind of rough so my powder coater when he gets back in town will be smoothing it out and coating it for me :D

have some skunk2 parts that came last week as well that will be going on fairly soon once i get a few more gaskets
By Press10
#319730 Image

I would have my skunk2 stuff on already, but we got quite a bit of snow this weekend and without a heated garage i said nope
By Press10
#325093 this thread can be locked. Ended up trading the hatch for a coupe that im currently working on. Build thread for the coupe will come soon so wait for it in the Coupe section