Post YOUR Hatchback here
By EGandMe
#307485 Hey everyone its EGandMe. Just decided to post some pics of my first ride. It's a 92 Dx Hatch. Picked it up off a guy off of craigslist for 1900$ so I figured that it was a steal! It came with an Injen Intake, Lowered on monroe coilovers, a crappy paintjob that needs to be redone, and other minor stuff like window visors, and a stereo system.

Ordered some JDM style tail lights so I'm going to attempt to install those myself.

I definitely want to do a vtech conversion, some rims, HIDS and headlights maybe, carbon spoiler, carbon trunk, rims, tint, subs, re fabric the si seats that came with it cause they feel yucky, and that's about it. It's my first car so it's my daily driver so I don't want to overkill it. Any suggestions would be nice. thanks fellow Eg heads.

Click the pics to enlarge!

By 92hatchie
#307486 It's vtec!!!!!! Lol
By EGandMe
#307490 it is? sorry im very new to cars in general but i thought (my model) the b15d7 engines were non-vtech?

unless..is it possible mine came w/ a d16z6 head?

i do feel a kick when im on the freeway or over 3000 rpm.
By FG2_Andrew
#307492 It's spelled vtec not vtech.
By dbrooks
EGandMe wrote:it is? sorry im very new to cars in general but i thought (my model) the b15d7 engines were non-vtech?

unless..is it possible mine came w/ a d16z6 head?

i do feel a kick when im on the freeway or over 3000 rpm.

d15b7 is a non-vtec motor. You can put a d16y8 or d16z6 vtec head on it though. That's called a mini-me swap.

Those guys are giving you a hard time because "vtech" is a type of phone. Haha
By 1ACarlos
#307509 Not bad for a first car
By EGandMe
#307529 aha sorry for the typo (NOOBIE). I work at bestbuy and I'm around those stupid vtech phones all day. I thought for a minute I had a mini-me vtec but I guess not. Definitely something I should do.
By Punksz6
#307540 :welcome:
By EGandMe
#307551 thanks everyone for the welcomes!!!!
By Hatch-O-Doom
#307563 Paint look pretty good, from the pics!

Ditch the D and go to a B! You really would be happy!
By EGandMe
#307570 thanks for the link. yeah I was looking at doing the y8 head swap because I don't wanna go too big on the engine...just a lil extra ya know. as for a B series, I haven't quite done my research but it is a possibility. thanks
By dbrooks
#307594 I'd start out small with a mini-me. Then add an intake, exhaust, and headers. You'll be fine :thumb: