Post YOUR Hatchback here
By bigJOE671
#309778 Can't wait to see the finished product :woot:

I'm also waiting for my car to be finished painting...I don't want to rush the guy

I like the metallic paint :thumb:
By 94 EG Hatch
bigJOE671 wrote:Can't wait to see the finished product :woot:

I'm also waiting for my car to be finished painting...I don't want to rush the guy

I like the metallic paint :thumb:

Thanks, man. Alot of hard work has gotten me here and alot more will get this car finished up. Can't wait till she's done.
By DontHateonEG8
#309893 nice build thread
not gonna lie, you need to invest into a pair of jacks bro. harbor freight or auto places have some cheap options
By 94 EG Hatch
DontHateonEG8 wrote:nice build thread
not gonna lie, you need to invest into a pair of jacks bro. harbor freight or auto places have some cheap options

Thanks, man. I appreciate that. And yea, I am going to look into a set. it would not only make working on the car easier, but it would also take pressure off of the front assembly sense most of the dead weight is resting on it due to the angle of lean. I just need to get these darned rotors off and then I can get the wheels back on. Thanks again. I will definitely look into that.
By Rotary_EG4dr
#309940 not a bad start! lol keep it goin!!!
By 94 EG Hatch
Rotary_EG4dr wrote:not a bad start! lol keep it goin!!!

Thanks. I am doin my best. I know I will mess up at some point, but it is the mistakes I make that will help me learn. So I can't complain.
By 94 EG Hatch
#310078 Fenders = Re-DONE due to a storm that knocked a small branch down. It scratched my pretty fender. Sadly, I used all my metallic finish on the first go around, so no super sick metallic this time. It is too expensive to buy a ton more.

Painted the pillar leading back to the rear quarter panel.

Door was primed up:

Then sanded it with Fine Grit paper:

Door is done.

Fenders and door are done, along with pillar. Just waiting on Bondo to get here so that I can sand it down and begin painting the entire rear quarter panel.

Whatcha think?
By DontHateonEG8
#310092 looks really good! :thumb:

have you seen Plastidip paint process? its pretty good alternative to painting the car. throwing it out there in case if you need to save so cash and time for engine mods instead
By 94 EG Hatch
DontHateonEG8 wrote:looks really good! :thumb:

have you seen Plastidip paint process? its pretty good alternative to painting the car. throwing it out there in case if you need to save so cash and time for engine mods instead

And nope. I havent even heard of it lol. I will have to look it up and see what it's about. Btw, my engine and trans should be getting here Friday :D :D
By 94 EG Hatch
#310200 Fenders and doors on both sides are done. Waiting on more black paint to finish. Priming is now complete.

Enjoy and be sure to let me know whatcha think. Btw, all over-spray WILL be cleaned after painting is complete. Also, the tail-lamps, I am not worried about since they are being replaced.
By 94 EG Hatch
bigJOE671 wrote:Wow! you not taking your time at all...great progress!

Overspray is easy to come off. A lot of people just don't know how to do it.

Thank you and very true about easy over-spray come off. Yea, I started rushing by not covering windows because my engine was supposed to arrive today and it didn't, but anyhow, I rushed a bit because I wanted to have the painting as close to finished as possible since I anticipated the car being roadworthy here soon. But, of course a hold-up occurred and now I just have to play it by ear for the engine.

Anyhow, today my brand new front bumper came in, so I installed it and she looks much better now.

Enjoy and please be sure to leave feedback and criticism. Just be constructive, please :)
By fago88
#310409 looks like a lot of work :thumb:
By 94 EG Hatch
fago88 wrote:looks like a lot of work :thumb:

Thanks, man. It is alot of work, but I just hope that it will all pay off when she's finished. I have over 200 labor hours into er and she don't run... YET!!! Lol.
By 94 EG Hatch
#311523 UPDATE!!!!

Bondo work has began. Painting of the front bumper, hood, and fenders are complete with all base coats. however an air-gunned final 2 coats will be going over after some light grit sanding and some feathering to assure smoothness and elimination of imperfected surfaces.

Front & Rear Tow Hooks are installed.

Here are current pics. Rear looks rough due to the rear window not being scraped down yet and the tail-lamps having some overspray, but they are being replaced soon anyway lol.

Enjoy :)