Post YOUR Hatchback here
By couch_c
backyardbikes wrote:just to catch any oil and fumes that are being released from crank case pressure. also to help get the pressure out at a faster rate. ill still keep the stock blackbox in there. idk I was just bored lol

Does that make any significant differences for na engines? I heard of people doing that for turbo.
By backyardbikes
couch_c wrote:
backyardbikes wrote:just to catch any oil and fumes that are being released from crank case pressure. also to help get the pressure out at a faster rate. ill still keep the stock blackbox in there. idk I was just bored lol

Does that make any significant differences for na engines? I heard of people doing that for turbo.

its mainly for high revving/ boosted engines. i just like to DIY shit and was bored lol. also it gets fumes and anything out of the intake so that can help any engine.
By inagawa
#297451 Hey, how did you do your battery relocation?
By backyardbikes
inagawa wrote:Hey, how did you do your battery relocation?

all i did was make a little buss bar for the front to connect all of the wires, then run a positive to the rear, and re ground in the back
By backyardbikes
#297497 got m chip kit today :) now i just have to put in a little work.

By couch_c
backyardbikes wrote:got m chip kit today :) now i just have to put in a little work.

I was planning on chipping my ecu too, what chip burner do you have?
Last edited by couch_c on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By backyardbikes
couch_c wrote:
backyardbikes wrote:got m chip kit today :) now i just have to put in a little work.

I was planning on chipping my ecu too, what chip burner do you have?

i havent picked one up yet, il snag one from xenocron, or moates here soon
By backyardbikes
#297973 ok i was messing around in the car today and decided to pull the ecu just to see what im getting into. immediately i realized that its not a p28 its a p06. is there any significant difference between the two. heres some pics.

just waiting to be chipped lol
By couch_c
#298526 Dx? If you don't have vtec you don't need a p28, they can both be chipped.
By spinksy
#298530 Good progress!
By backyardbikes
couch_c wrote:Dx? If you don't have vtec you don't need a p28, they can both be chipped.

yea im aware of that, still obd 1 and the kit i bought will still work perfecty. I just assumed wrong in having a p28 lol. thanks though man.
By backyardbikes
spinksy wrote:Good progress!

thanks bro, its getting there.
By couch_c
backyardbikes wrote:
yea im aware of that, still obd 1 and the kit i bought will still work perfecty. I just assumed wrong in having a p28 lol. thanks though man.

oh my mistake, what are you planning to do with your ecu? I want to extend my rev limit, right now it's at 6500, redline's another 700 rpms away haha
By backyardbikes
couch_c wrote:
backyardbikes wrote:

oh my mistake, what are you planning to do with your ecu? I want to extend my rev limit, right now it's at 6500, redline's another 700 rpms away haha

its all good bro. i just want to mess around with some basemaps and get into some good detail and know what the car is doing you know. yea possibly bring the rev limiter closer to 7k. plenty of shit to mess with lol
By backyardbikes
#298626 ok going to a diff approche on the catch can idea so thats on hold for a little.

today i did a fuse box tuck and put it inder the dash came out awesome. i just need to move the red wire in the pic to the inside of the car, and move the harness connections.