Post YOUR Hatchback here
By jdmTK
brandoff88 wrote:sucks about the piston man, but gotta say, no tune = no good, but we all live and learn, and next time i know that thing will be beastly, but good luck with it :thumb:
thanks! I'm excited to get it road worthy and tuned. And untuned was a sketchy move I know but oh well like you said live and learn. But it was pretty quick on 7psi untuned so I'm excited to get it dialed in
By brandoff88
#324150 just remember too anytime you change your set up you do need to retune, some people save up parts to put on all at once since retunes are spendy, thtas would i would do personally, specially if you were happy on no tune and 7 psi :hehe:
By josh93coupe
#324151 Great loooking whipp

www.hondaville.com
By jdmTK
brandoff88 wrote:just remember too anytime you change your set up you do need to retune, some people save up parts to put on all at once since retunes are spendy, thtas would i would do personally, specially if you were happy on no tune and 7 psi :hehe:

yea i know i planned on this being my set up. Down the road i have plans to build something with forged internals and a built head and possibly sleve. But for now im positive ill be happy with what have plus theres pleanty to do on the exterior yet
By jdmTK
#342733 Well its time for an update FINALLY. Been quite some time since i updated my thread. Been through A LOT of shit with this build but hopefully its almost done.

So i replaced the broken/melted piston, checked over the rest of the engine and it was all goo. Luckily my cylinder walls werent scored.

Heres a pic of tearing the car apart again.

I also got another new Honda head gasket and decided to get rid of the duralast timing belt i put in the summer before. I got a oem Honda one

heres a random pic of pulling and re installation of the engine with a new piston, headgasket, and timing belt.

So i got the car all back togeather including adding a custom stainless 3" exhaust straight from the downpipe back.

Before

The exhaust included v-bands, ended up using only two but the rear once scrapes because of my rideheight (which will be seen in later pics) so reguardless it will be nice having a spare.

And heres a shitt blurry pic of the finished product if i find any more that are better ill be sure to post them

Once the car was all ready to get to the dyno it was mid May of 2013

Finally on the Dyno! Sorry for the shitty phone pic.

Unfortunatly the dyno that i was able to go to was a Mustang Brand Dyno and we has issues being able to rev the car to full potential due to it not gripping for various reasons such as the mounts that were pre fabricated for the skid plate i am making. The car made around 240whp but like previously stated thats not an accurate number at all but the car was tuned and ready for the road.

Took it for a few rips with the tuner on the street and after about the seventh pull it began to smoke again out of the catch can....

All paramaters and datalogging on hondata were great, air to fuel was great the entire drive. Took it home and compression tested the engine and all 4 cylinders were below spec and also below what they were when i did the first compression test. I ended up stepping away from the project for the summer due to frustration.

Once i decided to get back to it and figure out the car we found that my dizzy was completley advanced, obviously my fault and not having the experience that i have a year and a half later found out that was clearly the issue. I always had put it back to the mark from the previous owner. That would have been ok buttttt that was also when it was N/A. So once again i tore apart the engine, ALL 4 pistons had cracked ring lands. So i ended up ordering 4 new pistons, although this time i ordered PR3 pistons (the USDM ones) as opposed to my previous P30 jdm b16 pistons. Slightly lower compression ratio, kinda figured why not if it will lower comp even in the slightest bit.

SO long story short the car is togeather and running. Still needs to be retuned but i got the car togeather in fall of 2013 and only was able to drive it for a few weeks before it was time to get to hibernation.

Also added a greddy turbo timer and a godspeed x-brace while the car was down over summer.

And heres the skid plate i made. 1/4" aluminum diamond plate. Im pretty proud of this because to be honest ive never seen it done before

And finally heres a few pics of the car on the road and completed besides a final tune.

Once spring comes and i can get her on the dyno again ill be sure to post videos and numbers! along with updates on any miscellaneous parts!
By 2DCVIN
#343015 Damm that looks cool
By jdmTK
#351486 WOW i have done a horrible job updating my thread! haha Well last time i gave you guys an update was about a year ago. 2014 was an awesome year.

In spring 2014 i took the car to King Motorsports Unlimited in New Berlin Wisconsin for a full dyno tune, everything went well and I couldnt be happier with the service Kings team gave me!

Ended up making 258 whp and 165 ft/lb on 7psi with the build that you have previously seen in my thread. I was super pleased with the power curve.

Before i took the car to get tuned i rebuilt the turbo with Garrett internals and some slight modifications to the skidplate which is very scraped up now haha.

Heres a shit ton of pictures from the 2014 season here in wisconsin, not in any particular order but shows included Automotion in the dells, Dubs in the Valley, Stance:Wisconsin Park after Dark and Modified Madness, Street Certified:Reach out Carshow, and Slammed Wisconsin X WISHOC Presents Function and Form.

ENJOY!

A shot with my best friends BB6

some booth photos from the clothing company myself, my younger brother, and good friend started up!
Sorry for some of the qualities of the pics.

also moved to a new place with a buddy of mine and finally have a garage!
By jdmTK
#351487 also heres some videos from Tilted Media and the clothing company we started.

Check out how we do it in Wisconsin!

Automotion 2014 http://youtu.be/HG4UoUKFdjQ

Stance:Wi presents PArk after Dark http://youtu.be/vzOX1BHQ_54
By Civic_HatchSI
jdmTK wrote:
Civic_HatchSI wrote:That is some decent numbers for only running 7psi, nice job.

Thanks man! That was my plan, safe but decent power on stock internals

I should of went that route lol...
By jdmTK
Civic_HatchSI wrote:
jdmTK wrote:
Civic_HatchSI wrote:That is some decent numbers for only running 7psi, nice job.

Yeaaa but at the same time you'll always want to go faster haha
By Civic_HatchSI
jdmTK wrote:
Civic_HatchSI wrote:
jdmTK wrote:

This is true!!! :wink:
By jdmTK
Civic_HatchSI wrote:
jdmTK wrote:
Civic_HatchSI wrote:
jdmTK wrote:

This is true!!! :wink:

Although this is enough fun for me now haha, proably because the car was down for so long and I finally got to drive it a whole season and show it off for once.