Post YOUR Hatchback here
By FG2_Andrew
#323235 gotta love OEM parts. especially factory cosmetic parts.
By bigJOE671
EH2_andy wrote:gotta love OEM parts. especially factory cosmetic parts.

Yeah dude, I love to put more OEM parts on my car like the optional Audio Console, Mud Guards, and Door Moldings.
By bigJOE671
#323825 Car:94' Civic Si
Rear brakes: Stock disc brakes

So I wanted to adjust my brakes according to the manual

I got to step #4 and decided to spin the rear wheels before getting started. Left wheel spun freely while the right wheel had some slight drag. So I made the adjustment nut looser. No change in both wheels so I moved on.

Now I followed Step #4 and got the left wheel to slightly drag but the right wheel had no change whatsoever (still drags before i even adjusted it). So I figured I have a problem and I don't know to begin and I need help on this.

Next I fully engaged the parking brake which was 7 clicks and I pulled till it couldn't go up anymore. Left wheel is locked right wheel spun like before I even adjusted it so there was no change to the right wheel whatsever. That is my other problem

Now I'm thinking this right wheel with slight brake drag is costing me some MPG. Also, the parking brake not engaging on the right wheel is not really gonna help when I do a burnout :(
By bigJOE671
#328647 So its been a while since I did anything to my car since its been too cold for me.

Yesterday I washed her since temperatures decided to climb into the mid 50's.

Ordered a couple of bolts for my cylinder head and valve cover. I stripped the valve cover studs a while ago and it recently started leaking oil :x Now I just gotta wait for them to come in so I can install them.

Also I ordered skunk2 shift knob from JHPUSA through Amazon. Always wanted one since I first got the car almost two years ago. I wonder if I will get the real deal. Didn't have to pay shipping so that was a plus.
By bigJOE671
#330461 One of the problems...Broken bolt on Cam seal cover which leads to a bunch of leaky oil.

The parts

The tools

The Enemy...Also has a stripped upper left and lower left valve cover studs. The inner lower right stud broke off so its shorter than it needs to be.

The Enemy removed...I need to change my oil

Ugly

Paint's best friend

First application of Aircraft paint stripper

Second application

Third application

Finally

Installed...will paint later on. I just need primer and clear. I already have the color

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If your wondering why there is no more pictures is because I found out the torque wrench that I borrowed from my friend, does not work the way it supposed to. In any setting the torque wrench would click at like less than 20 inch pounds. So I didn't change any studs :( This will be continued when I find a working torque wrench

By bks84
#331282 the only bolt I'd be worried about torquing is the 12mm stud/bolt (20lb ft). Ive never had an issue just getttin the others tight by hand.

also those outer studs are the same on LS motors (and apparently the same on some D series engine, hence the PM7 part number), so you might have been able to save some cash just running to the junkyard.

Glad you stripped that valve cover, thing was just awful.
By bigJOE671
davidomalley wrote:clean clean build. love the honda white.

Thanks! Now I want a color change...preferably the stock Granada Black Pearl

bks84 wrote:the only bolt I'd be worried about torquing is the 12mm stud/bolt (20lb ft). Ive never had an issue just getttin the others tight by hand.

also those outer studs are the same on LS motors (and apparently the same on some D series engine, hence the PM7 part number), so you might have been able to save some cash just running to the junkyard.

I need to take off the cam cover which requires all those bolts to be re-torqued. Don't want my cam flying off at 8K+ RPM.

Nice to know about LS motors and D-series engine share the same part. There is a bunch of Honda motors at my Junk yard. I found 2 D16Y6, 1 H22A4, and a H22A2. Too bad I don't have the cash right now to buy a motor.

That valve cover color was long overdue. I needed to get all the supplies first.

Here is my Skunk2 shift knob that I bought from JHP. Need to do a review on it. Don't mind my JDM air purifier/freshener.

By TrailerTrash
youtube wrote:This video is unavailable.
Sorry about that.

:x :x :x
By TrailerTrash
bigJOE671 wrote:
bks84 wrote:Gotta control that maaadddddddd tork!!!

LOL! Somethings gotta do it :)

By the way made another video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqGN2s8DnpE
By bigJOE671
TrailerTrash wrote:
bigJOE671 wrote:
bks84 wrote:Gotta control that maaadddddddd tork!!!

LOL! Somethings gotta do it :)

By the way made another video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqGN2s8DnpE

Here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK5cTN1nPrU

I fixed the link in that post now
By bks84
bigJOE671 wrote:
bks84 wrote:the only bolt I'd be worried about torquing is the 12mm stud/bolt (20lb ft). Ive never had an issue just getttin the others tight by hand.

I need to take off the cam cover which requires all those bolts to be re-torqued. Don't want my cam flying off at 8K+ RPM.

Nice to know about LS motors and D-series engine share the same part. There is a bunch of Honda motors at my Junk yard. I found 2 D16Y6, 1 H22A4, and a H22A2. Too bad I don't have the cash right now to buy a motor.

That valve cover color was long overdue. I needed to get all the supplies first.

If your valve cover "flies" off, you got other problems son!
By bigJOE671
bks84 wrote:
bigJOE671 wrote:

If your valve cover "flies" off, you got other problems son!

I got 99 problems and my cam ain't gonna be one.