Post YOUR Hatchback here
By poorman type-r
#260458 Alright guys well my friend moved to Vegas and couldnt afford to take his hatch with him so he is selling to me. It's a 92 cx, i will have this thread updated constantly when i go back to work in August but for now i thought i would show some pics from what it is now to what it is going to become. I have a lot of work to do, but i'm picking it up for $500 so i'm pretty excited. ha :thumb:

17" rims in the back, getting rid of them and getting Rota Circuit 8's.

D16Y7, still need some parts to complete it.

From my research its a VIS hood, needs some restoration lol

What do you guys think of the inside? I was thinking about stripping the interior completely. Good or bad idea in 100+ degree weather? lol

Little rust on the roof, right above the hatch. :thumbdown:
Last edited by poorman type-r on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
By dbrooks
#260464 i would make all that red stuff black again. it's a little too much. but otherwise, looks like a good base for a project :thumb:
By poorman type-r
#260466 Thanks bro. I was thinking of getting a whole new dash because the a/c vents are broken on the center of the dash.
By dbrooks
#260467 that wouldn't be a bad idea. unless you could score some from a junkyard. i've never really seen anyone try to sell those on the internet or anything.
By poorman type-r
#260470 Yeah its a bitch that they broke, so i will look around on different sites and see if i can pick up a new one. Should i worry about that little bit of rust?
By ghskid06
#260484 Nice man. Hurry and sand off that surface rust and respray the area with primer. Laquer thinner will take that red paint off without damaging the plastic.
By poorman type-r
#260492 So that rust isnt anything too serious? I will sand it off for sure. I will take laquer thinner to everything and respray everything black.
By jayEGR
#260496 nice hatch tht hood needs to go IMO keep it OEM :thumb: but so far not bad like the blk housing ,but man its rare to see cx around here your running manul rack right no pwer steering?
By poorman type-r
#260502 Yeah the hood is temporary, im going to buy a carbon fiber OEM hood after i get it painted, and yes its a manual w/ no ps.
By dbrooks
#260531 if you're keeping the car outside for a long period of time, you might want to put some actual paint on top of the primer, or it will rust again. primer sucks in water and will cause it to rust again.

on the other hand, i don't know how humid/how much it rains where you live.
By poorman type-r
#260532 It rained a lot during the winter but now that its summer we will be lucky to see it under the thriple digits. :thumbdown:
By dbrooks
#260533 you might not have a problem. haha it just depends on if it's hella humid or not.
By Chance
#260554 Nice pick up for $500. :thumb:
By 1ACarlos
#260576 Not bad.
By solchild93
#260588 500 bucks !!! u lucky a-hole ... lol u could flip it for way more if u wanted to. but looks like a sweet start hood has to go the red HAS to go as well other then that looks like ur going to have lots of fun on this build. good luck and keep us posted.