Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Graham
#241210 Well been a long time since i was on here!! Some of you may remember my old builds... heres a bried history! Sorry for the amount of pictures :P

My first eg was a 1.5 non vtec that i bought when i was 17, absolutely loved that car and put so much time and money into it, ended up with a jdm d15b swap, full ITR subframe, suspension and Cusco coilovers, full ITR interior, Racing Sparco wheels, all the import bits i could get my hands on!! Then it died :(

After that i bought a standard Thunder Grey eg5 and swapped all the parts over from my green one, later doing a 5 stud itr hub swap with ek9 wheels and putting on a Spoon Street, got bored of this car though and the bodywork was really letting it down so i put it back to standard and sold everything

At this time i had already bought an eg3 off one of my friends... was a non runner, engine died on his journey home after just buying the car! Shell was really clean though and was one i had always wanted, non sunroof, no bump strips! So i bought the car, put it in my garage and took it to bits, right back to a bare shell. My original plan was to build an all out track car, bought a Cusco cage, Tein coilovers, all adjustable suspension arms, Nsx brakes, 2 fixed buckets, Takata harness etc etc but just lost interest in it as i had bought my EP3 by this point. Ended up selling just about everything and K24'ing my EP3, but still had the shell

Couple pics of my EP3 if anyones interested... still got this. Put a K24 into it, Toda manifold + straight centre section, had a Spoon n1 but put a standard backbox back on it for winter, K-pro, Quiafe LSD, lowering springs, camber adjusters, now got red ek9 Recaros, red jdm floormats - spent too much money on this!

Then a few weeks ago a damaged EG6 came up for sale, was perfect for what i wanted as it had all the mechanicals and interior, plus a couple goodies which i could swap into my good shell. The sir is really too far gone to be saved, floors all kinked, pillar is pushed it - the car took out a postbox on the left hand side and a lamppost on the other!! Some of the suspension is damaged too but luckily the coilover on that side is fine, which is all i was really bothered about

Car has a pretty good spec:

TCS - not seen many with that!
Air con
Climate control
ABS
Late spec black interior
Gathers rear speakers
Boot box and both side ones are still there
Tein control master flex coilovers
Exhaust of some kind, under axle - not sure if ill keep this!
ITR gear linkages
Maybe more, thats all ive found so far!

Just started taking it apart, plan is to get the red shell rolling again, then get the engine bay painted and put the b16 into it and get it running, then get the rest of the car painted, put the interior etc in and find some wheels and other goodies for it!

Graham
By Dustin
#241264 Your 1st hatch was beautiful. Hated to scroll down and see it on a roll back smashed. :cry:
By chrono404
Dustin wrote:Your 1st hatch was beautiful. Hated to scroll down and see it on a roll back smashed. :cry:

x2

You have had a nice collection of Civics. I loved the ITR Seats in the EG. Love those seats.

The Grey EG was also pretty sick. Do you still have it or do you sell the car once it was pretty much back to stock?

It will be really cool to see you build up the empty shell and put the super rare TCS into it. :thumb:
By fresh eh2*
#241287 Nice to see you back Gman! I recently just started coming back on here Aswell. Too bad the condition of the EG6 is so poor. That would be a fun project. How do you like the EP3 compared to a EG?
By Graham
#241469 Nah i sold the grey eg to buy my ep3, its got an itr engine and been resprayed now i think!

I missed having ITR seats so much i had to get red ones for my ep3 :lol:

Ep3 is great compared to an eg, just nice to be in a newer cleaner car, plus its alot quicker than any of my egs were!! Just costs alot to run with petrol being so expensive and road tax, insurance etc etc - i keep thinking about selling it but see what happens! So many of them about here too, one of the reasons i wanted a nice eg again - they're getting hard to come by!

Stripped a bit more off the sir yesterday, got all the back suspension off and engines pretty much ready to come out once i empty the air con which will be interesting... :P

By Graham
#255332 Been doing alot of work on stripping the sir recently, not had much time other than the odd day at the weekends so progress is a bit slow, but everythings off it now!!

Cut off the quarters as they're 100% rust free so be a waste scrapping them with the shell!!

Red shell is rolling again so time to start building rather than destroying... :lol:
By Punksz6
#255353 Very Nice!! I remember what happened to the Teal Hatch! Nice to see that your doing work to this project Hatch!! I can't wait to see it come to life!! :thumb:
By Apexracing
#255365 welcome back! And i love that ep3, if you get a chance check out mine in the other rides section. And if you ever do sell it lmk if you have any parts you would care to sell!

Back on topic i like that red shell hope it goes well.
By jayEGR
#255376 ive never seen someone with a history of hatches like you lol i had 3 coupes but damn i lost count after 3 :lol: lol
By Graham
#262430 Made a wee bit of progress finally :thumb:

Got rid of the sir half shell a couple weeks ago and got the red shell rolling again and off to my work to get the engine bay painted. Basic plan now is to get the mechanical stuff done so its driving and get the car painted once its on the road. Dont wanna get it painted and scratch it all putting it back together etc!!

Got the car jacked up this morning and dropped the subframe, this was the original one that i was just using to move the car, picking up an ITR complete subframe and steering rack tonight for it

With that out the way, i put the complete brake and fuel lines in from the Sir. As you'll know a dx is carb'd and im putting in a fuel injected engine so need to replace the fuel lines and tank, but having the donor car it was just as easy to swap everything plus these brake lines are in alot better condition than the uk ones that came on the car

Next i put in the ABS pump and brake servo. Say what you want about putting ABS back into it but its saved my ep3 a few times now so its 100% going back in, plus i need to have it in to get the traction control working from the sir

Hopefully going to get all the firewall built up, the sir wiring loom into it and get the engine in this week since im off work, but we'll see how it goes. Want to make this car as good as i can so just taking my time and making sure stuffs done right :thumbsup:
By Graham
#263072 Just went and finished off putting all the brake lines in at the back of the car and putting the sir tank in - absolute ballache - stripped plenty tanks out but never put one back in, definitely not a 1 man job :lol:

I know its a bit rusty underneath but if i start cleaning it all up ill never get shit done :lol: once its driving ill probably paint the underside an arch at a time, not a big job to take the suspension off

Got some of the wiring in place today, got the drivers side all ready to go, passengers side ill do tomorrow. Think i can put the engine in once thats done!

Got the pedals in too and all the brakes + clutch lines connected, just finish them off once the engine and suspension goes back in

Got the next few days free to crack on so hoping to have it running this weekend!

Had the past couple days to work on the Civic, made quite a bit of progress! Started off running the wiring through the whole car, was surprised it all clipped in as it came out of the sir, every hole was there in the dx shell, just blanked off with gromets! Even all the abs wiring went in no problem! Put the pedals and heaters in as i want to get it driving and make sure everythings working before i finish building it!

Got everything into the engine bay that i thought i needed...

Then this morning put the engine in! Went in dead easy with the subframe out the way

Bolted the mounts on and plugged and plumbed almost everything in, then i put in the subframe. I REALLY should have put this in then the engine as it was a total nightmare getting all the hoses joined up and had power steering fluid everywhere, hate the stuff! Got there in the end though and all the PAS is in, as is everything engine wise aside from the exhaust, radiator and a battery! Started putting the suspension back on, will finish that tomorrow and hopefully it runs and i can get the brakes bled etc and take it a spin... :lol:

Spent another day working on the Civic, just had a few jobs to finish before seeing if it was gonna start! First up connected all the gear linkages and put in an ITR gearstick and gearknob, found a funny sticker on the gear linkage though, not seen it on ITR ones before...

Then put the exhaust and manifold on, just as it came off the sir! See what its like to live with as its pretty loud and close to the petrol tank :lol: have a spoon n1 sitting in my garage i was gonna put onto my ep3 but might fit it to this, not sure yet!

Got the battery charged a bit and put it in along with a temporary intake as i only realised yesterday i never had one! Not sure what to get intake wise , might just keep this one and clean it up a bit, quite like keeping it oem!

So everything was in place, tried to start it and it went first time! Havent put any coolant in yet so only let it run for a couple minutes but well chuffed it started so easily and wasn't leaking or making any funny noises :D alot better than my 1st eg :P

After that i put on all the suspension, this is just to get it on the road, ill be taking it all off to re-bush and clean up the arms, one day, maybe... :lol:

Just need to bleed the brakes and clutch, fill it up with coolant and mechanically it should be done!
By Greasedmonkey
#263079 Its about time you come back! HUrry and finish this thing!
By Gustavo
#263102 Can't wait 2 see the finish product. :thumb:
By 1ACarlos
#263225 Definitely some awesome Civics