Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 92_eghatch
#253130 ok so it's been a month or so since i've updated my thread. i haven't really been working a whole lot.. i landed a better job with more hours so hopefully there will be more progress.

in the meantime, i started painting the rear pieces for my interior. i'm in the middle of it, so when i'm done i'll post pics. only thing i noticed is that i grabbed flat black instead of semi flat black. i'm hoping it still looks ok. if not, i might just rock it anyway lol.

pics up soon!

*EDIT*

took pics last night, but too dark, fresh pics! haha..

sorry for the crappy cell pics. but you guys get the idea...
By 92_eghatch
#253371 I ended up stripping and painting my valve cover. And removed my a/c system. Pics up soon.
By RSuave
#253372 I tried to do the same thing by restoring a hatch except mine never ended so I had to sell it to save money. Question though why not get a hatch without rust and dents and go from there saves time and money?
By 92_eghatch
#253376 I could, but it just seems so much more fun by bringing a near dead hatch back to life.
By 92_eghatch
92_eghatch wrote:I could, but it just seems so much more fun by bringing a near dead hatch back to life.

...and i'm doing something no one else would want to do. I'm doing it mostly because my familythinks it's a waste of time and effort. I'm doing it because it's my first complete solo project.
By 94EJ2
92_eghatch wrote:
92_eghatch wrote:I could, but it just seems so much more fun by bringing a near dead hatch back to life.

...and i'm doing something no one else would want to do. I'm doing it mostly because my familythinks it's a waste of time and effort. I'm doing it because it's my first complete solo project.

thats why im rebuilding my honda but it wasnt in that bad of shape when i got it.
By deschlong
92_eghatch wrote:
...and i'm doing something no one else would want to do. I'm doing it mostly because my family thinks it's a waste of time and effort....

This is the wrong reasoning to get involved in a project. There will be no "satisfying" them at the end, even if you do a fantastic job, that it wasn't "a waste of time and effort". And so, you will be forever chasing their approval, which *really* will be the waste of your time and effort. I would rather hear that you're doing this for YOU: to learn new skills, to satisfy yourself that you can resurrect a dead car, to give yourself discipline and focus, etc. etc. These are the only kinds of reasons that will keep you motivated. The motivation driven by the urge to prove your family "wrong" will only go so far. The rest must come from within.
By 92_eghatch
deschlong wrote:
92_eghatch wrote:
...and i'm doing something no one else would want to do. I'm doing it mostly because my family thinks it's a waste of time and effort....

This is the wrong reasoning to get involved in a project. There will be no "satisfying" them at the end, even if you do a fantastic job, that it wasn't "a waste of time and effort". And so, you will be forever chasing their approval, which *really* will be the waste of your time and effort. I would rather hear that you're doing this for YOU: to learn new skills, to satisfy yourself that you can resurrect a dead car, to give yourself discipline and focus, etc. etc. These are the only kinds of reasons that will keep you motivated. The motivation driven by the urge to prove your family "wrong" will only go so far. The rest must come from within.

Well put, but im looking for no approval or satisfaction from others. If that were ever the case, I would gave bought some domestic brand. Let me also add that I've always wanted a hatch, I found one. Rough around all its edges yes, but im chasing MY dream. No one else.