Post YOUR Hatchback here
By 2fast4u
#218813 thanks :thumb: integra discs sound interesting :) is it hard to swap? haha thats funny about the head gasket, cuz i thought i had blown mine but apparently it was just all the condensation in my exhaust, etc.. haha found that out after i had bought a new head gasket...
yeah i would rather buy the actual black center piece grill that fits in perfectly and then buy some smoked fog lights :hehe:
thanks for the tips :thumb:
By SLOW92CX
#218903 lol. mine was definatly blown. but after i had fixed it, i was blowing a lot of smoke out the exhaust. so i thought i had done it wrong. but a second head gasket and a lot of frustration later, i realized that it was just burning out the coolent that was still in my exhaust system. :lol:

the disc brake converstion wasnt too hard. the guy that i bought this car from already had all the parts for the swap so he gave them to me. and i just used the DIY on this site to help do the job. there is A LOT of good information on this site.
By 2fast4u
#218911 Hahaha sounds like something I'd do -_- I'm not very mechanically friendly, yet. I can't wait to learn my car inside and out :thumb: does the rear disc conversion make a difference in stopping power at all ? And yeah for sure man, I tried a couple of other civic forums and nothing compares to this one. Civic-eg.com = THE SHIT :woot:
I apologize if my typing was shitty . Using my crackberry and can't see an damn thing I'm weriting-_-
By the-hag
#218912 hey man I'm doing my first build in ottawa too, if have any parts you wanna get rid of lemme know, i'll do the same. or if you see a d-series in good shape i would love to know about it. Car looks super clean, where did you pick it up?
By 2fast4u
#218914 Saaaay word, a fellow ottawan. Thanks man, I picked it up off of my stepdads friend, he only had it for about a week until I begged him to sell it to me :lol: its got 185XXX and I payed 3000 for it. Coulda been a better price but oh well, I wanted it haha. Where in ottawa you at ? I'm sittin in farhaven :thumb: ill keep my eyes peeled for a nice d. I'm pretty sure japan power has some vtec D series engines in stock runnin about $600
By Gustavo
#218916 Diggin the wheels! MOTEGI!!!!!!!!!!! :D
By Apexracing
2fast4u wrote:Hahaha sounds like something I'd do -_- I'm not very mechanically friendly, yet. I can't wait to learn my car inside and out :thumb: does the rear disc conversion make a difference in stopping power at all ? And yeah for sure man, I tried a couple of other civic forums and nothing compares to this one. Civic-eg.com = THE SHIT :woot:
I apologize if my typing was shitty . Using my crackberry and can't see an damn thing I'm weriting-_-

a rear disc conversion with a integra master cylinder and a integra brake booster make the car stop allot better, make sure to get a nice oem rotor and then the pads of your choice. the stock booster is only a single diaphragm where the integra or rear disc civic's have a 2 diaphragm system. also the integra or rear disc civic have a 15/16 master cylinder which allows more fluid volume. vs the stock 13/16 master. trust me it makes a big difference.
By 2fast4u
#218976 saweet :thumb:
By 2fast4u
#219173 goodies. NGK sparkplugs, Blox oil cap. NGK cables at the end of the week i think.
By SLOW92CX
2fast4u wrote:goodies. NGK sparkplugs, Blox oil cap. NGK cables at the end of the week i think.

:woot:
where did you get the valve cover? i have been looking for a powder coated red valve cover, but i can only find D16Z6 covers.

get some pictures of it installed :thumb:
By 2fast4u
#219200 Lol I painted it myself. I just sanded down my old one until I got all the crud off it and it was smooth again and then I painted it myself. There's a really good diy on it in the diy list :)
By SLOW92CX
#219204 yeah i thought about doing it myself. but i wanted to get a powder coated one. it will be better quality and last longer than a spray can. lol.

but yours looks really good, i might just have to go do it to mine. :thumb:
By Apexracing
SLOW92CX wrote:yeah i thought about doing it myself. but i wanted to get a powder coated one. it will be better quality and last longer than a spray can. lol.

but yours looks really good, i might just have to go do it to mine. :thumb:

actually diying the valve cover your self can last just as long and look just as good if you do your prep work right. good job on yours op
By 2fast4u
#219281 thanks man :thumb:
new pics :hehe: