Post YOUR Hatchback here
By chrisscott
#186155 this is my civic its a 93 EG5 D16z6

plans to turbo track/road car
car was only running 114bhp with 102 torque with a cone air filter when i got it, so first thing was to get it back upto standard power, and since my valve stem seals were on way out i got the head reconditioned, and added a cat-back exhaust, after that it made 125.6 bhp with 113.5 torque, so was happy with that.

not had any other engine mods as of yet, probably manifold and de-cat next.

i have removed the power steering pump which freed up the engine a little, i have also stripped virtually everything out of the car except heater matrix (as i use the car on a daily basis). more weight saving to come, poly windows, cut out any metal not needed, fibreglass wings, fibreglass or carbon boot an bonnet.

suspension wise i have lowered it on Gmax shocks an springs(40mm), got front and rear strut braces, D2 LCA's, lower rear tie bar, H-brace.
need either c-b bars or rollcage

painted the car Nato Green, powdercoated my wheels orange (but thinking about gettin some black EK vti alloys)

thats it for now

pics
By berg89
#186170 Nice looking hatch! :D How much boost are you planning to run through it?
By Ajax1989
JUICE wrote:
is that typical of RHD to have the throttle cable like that?? looks weird.... :?

ya thats how they run them.. every single rhd eg ive seen thats how they are :thumb:
By chrisscott
#186392 yes all us RHD are like that, some people have used the shorter EK ones, but they say the response isn't as good so mines staying.

not done any 1/4 miles yet so no times, bottom end need rebuilding soon i think coz im burning oil big style.

not sure on boost, gonna be on standard internals (except head bolt), so not alot, but im lookin at gettin 200BHP ish but prob bout 5-7psi
By chrisscott
#186482 finally got it lowered
before

after
not a brill pic, will get better
By Welsh-CivicHB
chrisscott wrote:finally got it lowered
before

after
not a brill pic, will get better

looks mint mate :thumb: in the 2nd pic is it lowered on 40mm?? because i'm lowering mine on 40mm for now.... :) on and what size rims are they??
By chrisscott
#186614 LCA's & tie bar on

just need to get H-brace and short shifter on,

next on list is brakes(runnin abit thin), manifold and decat also bottom end rebuild.

do u like my boot opener
nicked it from my skateboarding neighbour :P
By chrisscott
Welsh-CivicHB wrote:
looks mint mate :thumb: in the 2nd pic is it lowered on 40mm?? because i'm lowering mine on 40mm for now.... :) on and what size rims are they??

yeah mate 40mm, they still settleing down though, rims are 15's

will get some better pics in a couple of days, just to give them chance to settle.
By Welsh-CivicHB
chrisscott wrote:
Welsh-CivicHB wrote:

yeah mate 40mm, they still settleing down though, rims are 15's

will get some better pics in a couple of days, just to give them chance to settle.

ahh good, because it looks really nice like that, and i wanna get 15's aswell :thumb: did you fit the springs yourself??
By chrisscott
#186708 had a little help from a mate, but yeah fitted myself.
quite easy really, only pain was an LCA bolt shearing off(cost £8.50 for one bolt from honda), would of had them done in 2hrs but took 3 days lol
By Welsh-CivicHB
#186711 well i'm gonna try it myself, got the clamps and that so, should be okay.... yeah i was told about those bolts being dodgey, i'm just gonna have to be extra careful because i'm not paying 8.50 for one bolt!! thats terrible :x

ill probably end up killing myself when i get it on the road after fitting the springs :thumbdown:

how many sets of the clamps did you use if you used them???
By chrisscott
#187288 didnt use clamps coz i change the whole suspension not just springs, but 2-3 clamps will do you, all depends on the quality of the clamps(known cheap ones to bend in half)
By chrisscott
#187291 just a few pics from my local club meet yesterday