Post YOUR Hatchback here
By JUICE
#330731 Almost ready for IFO this weekend! Hopefully gonna get in some shakedown passes Saturday at my local track, then head out bright and early Sunday to National Trails

By jigga36
#330751 your car is sooo beast. Awsome
By JUICE
#330870 ^thanks!

Kind of a disappointing weekend.. Got the car all ready Saturday and took it to one of my local tracks to get some practice before goin to IFO Sunday. First pass I babied it off the line, went to grab 2nd and it like instantly spit it out of gear. Got it to go in 2nd try, ran it out then got denied when I tried for third, now 3rd is completely gone.

It had locked me out when I had tried high rpm shifting on the street but I wrote it off to not having the pedal stop on the clutch for the twin disk. Didn't try doin it again and didn't think much about it just cruising around cause the tranny felt so smooth.

I'm pretty sure the shift fork was already a little bent, cause I know I didn't try slamming it, I was just trying to go thru the gears and get a feel for everything. It just wanted nothing to do with 9200 rpms. Gonna pull it and throw in my old tranny I kept from my last setup. I just hope nothing's too fried on the inside, get it rebuilt and ready to go for the next time.

On a side note, harness looks pretty bad ass. :lol:

And welder Dave, the fucking man, getting things in place to weld on the pedal stop :lol:

By rootbeer_eg
#330885 thats shitty about the tranny

can you post pictures of your door bars please and thank you

your car is SO SICK by the way
By JUICE
#330911 Thanks man. I'm pretty sure the door bars are actually too low, but it really doesn't matter till you're goin 9.99, at which point you gotta have a full cage anyway. Since the door bar rule on roll bars has only been in effect for a year or two, they just wanna see one there. I'll take some better pics of them tho :thumb:
By JUICE
#332162 Ugggghhhhh... Well, lets hope third time's a charm :(

Once again, did a big nasty hot smokey burnout but this time decided fuck it, we're goin for 10's first try. Staged the car, put it on the 2 step, preloaded and dropped it like its hot.. which was quickly followed by a pop which I thought was the axle.. but it wasn't.

Clutch pedal feels normal (pressure plate), goes into gear smooth (brand new cmc/slave) but the discs (CC twin disc) grab barely enough for me to limp it back through the pits slipping like crazy. FML. We'll find out sometime this week or so once its all apart.. again. I just wanna make a fuggin pass!!!!

My buddy took some sweet burnout pics tho. :lol:

In car vid of burnout and failure to launch.. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NSd8nYk6NTI
By TrailerTrash
#332168 aw dam dude :( it sounds so bad freakin ass.

cross your fingers its not a super major problem
By JUICE
#332223 Yea hope not. I heard they sell individual components of the twin disc setup, I haven't looked into it yet. Obviously not gonna buy anything till I get it apart to see what's jacked up. Still pretty salty about it, so it can wait. Not throwing anymore money at it right away. :(
By Punksz6
#332253 Love the pics. Looks super mean. :thumb:
By EG Love
#332419 wow, things have definitely changed since last time i checked out your thread! haha new engine and turbo set up, going all out! seems youre having a lot more issues than with your old set up :thumbdown: good luck getting everything good to go and lets see some solid passes!
By Civic_HatchSI
#333131 Whats the offset on your drag wheels? Do you have any rubbing issues? I see you have the 24.5 with the 1/4" spacer. I was just curious because I have major rubbing issues with my set up. It hits my bumper and the body where the side skirt attaches to. I have 24.5x8x13 no spacer. Also did you ever set up boost per gear or you just running full boost? You seem to be having awesome track times. Shitty deal that your car broke recently tho!!! thats never fun :thumbdown: Do you have it back up and running yet?
By JUICE
#333137 Still down.. :(

Never had bbg on my old setup but I do on this one, just not really sure how my tuner has it setup. Haven't made any clean passes with this new setup.

Only fitment issue I had with the slicks was I had to raise the car up some, never had rubbing on the sides like bumper and skirts tho.. I've also heard with the eg's you really don't need the spacers but I figured a little clearance from the spindle wouldn't hurt. The wheels are Exospeed VPD's, not sure if they offered them in different offsets or not, I bought them used.