Post YOUR Hatchback here
By mitch6
gostt wrote:The headlights looks pretty damn good! Well done.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback :thumb:

Just installed my mirrors onto by civic, have not gotten to the wiring quite yet however. Hopefully I can get to that soon :hehe:
By strykr
#330344 Nice build, you going to the Driven show this year?
By mitch6
strykr wrote:Nice build, you going to the Driven show this year?

I wanted to enter, but my car will not be ready by may 11th sadly, and they will not allow individual entries this year :? I was going to enter with speedoptions, but I think I will just stick with the summer show and shine. Next year I will hopefully be in DRIVEN :thumb:
By mitch6
#331149 I picked up a set of wheels 2 weeks ago for a very good price. Decided to re-paint them, and then afterwards I will decide if I want to use them or sell them :lol:

Here is some pics, only done two rims so far:

How they looked when purcahsed (one of four wheels)

prep work:

First coat of actual paint, the color was off, they labeled the can wrong, says gold and product code matched the other gold spray cans, but the paint was bronze. Good thing this was only first coat, I am going to bring it back to canadain tire and complain :lol:

(anyone like how I made good use of these dollar store american chopper deck of cards, perfect for rims and nothing else :lol: )

paint can comparison:

more paint:

looking more like gold than bronze, this is a new can :thumb:

after more paint, some clear coat:

and complete!

Centre cap and wheel still sticky, so I just very, very gently layed the centre cap on but did not clip it in:

bringing them home from my buddies house, finally put my ITR wheels on for the spring/summer as well!

Personally, I think I like how the rims look without the centre caps, what do you all think civic-eg members?

Centre caps or No Centre caps?

Here is my buddies Maxima wheels he painted graphite:

Thanks for any input!! :thumb:
By AutoXRacer
#331157 Haha good job on the rims bud.
Funny thing is if you look at my build thread I do the exact same thing when I plastdip my rims. I used oversized dollar store playing cards. :woot:

And IMO the wheels look more "aftermarket" without the center caps.
But just my 2cents. =)

Also quick question for ya, what camera and lens do you use for your fisheye shots?!

I am getting a Nikon D70 w/ Nikkor 50mm AF F/1.8 Lens for $100.00 from a friend of mine.
Planning on getting a AF DX 10.5 mm F/2.8 lens but can't bring myself to drop over $700.00 on a lens.

Do you know anybody who would happen to have a wide angle lens for sale or even to rent for a couple shoots every once in awhile?
By mitch6
AutoXRacer wrote:Haha good job on the rims bud.
Funny thing is if you look at my build thread I do the exact same thing when I plastdip my rims. I used oversized dollar store playing cards. :woot:

And IMO the wheels look more "aftermarket" without the center caps.
But just my 2cents. =)

Also quick question for ya, what camera and lens do you use for your fisheye shots?!

I am getting a Nikon D70 w/ Nikkor 50mm AF F/1.8 Lens for $100.00 from a friend of mine.
Planning on getting a AF DX 10.5 mm F/2.8 lens but can't bring myself to drop over $700.00 on a lens.

Do you know anybody who would happen to have a wide angle lens for sale or even to rent for a couple shoots every once in awhile?

Sadly I do not know what type of lens this is. This is my friends sisters camera so I do not have much access to it unfortunately :cry:

As for updates!!! I have not posted in some time, just landed a new job so I have not had much time on my hands. I still have had no time to wire up the my LHD power folding mirror retrofit, but what I have been spending some time with is restoring this THULE roof rack I picked up for my eg.

This is some of the process, I did not take many pics of the intermediate steps, but here is how it looked from start to finish:

TONS OF RUST!!!

Some progress! Less rust!

And here are some pics of the roof rack completed and painted! Not all of the components have been installed on the roof yet, but these are the main components installed.

I have more goodies coming in the mail from Japan soon enough. Maybe in about 3 weeks time! I will try to post more updates!

I post a lot of pics on IG, follow me @mitcheg6
By mitch6
#334073 I have not been on here in what seems like forever! Haha!! I have recently started a new job and found zero time to work on my hatch sadly :(

The most recent thing I did to it was install some HELLA horns, here is a pic of them installed, two red HELLA horns in the bumper.

I still need to wire my power folding mirrors, and I plan to install a JDM 98 spec ITR tranny onto my jdm B16A with a lightweight flywheel and of course the tranny has a Helical LSD!!

I also just finished replacing my rear trailing arm bushings which were completely shot! I installed some polyurethane bushings, and wow the car feels so much different! It feels like I'm driving a new car!

I just finished replacing them now because my tires are bald, so I am getting my new TOYO PROXES R1R's installed on Thursday and have the car re-aligned since the rear trailing arms were removed. The toe is definitely off, so alignment is a must before these sick tires go on the car!

By AutoXRacer
#334154 hayy bud, where did you pick up the hella horns?!
and what did you pay for the tires?!

I need a new set since mine are right bald from last season, haha and i am looking for a new set.
By mitch6
AutoXRacer wrote:hayy bud, where did you pick up the hella horns?!
and what did you pay for the tires?!

I need a new set since mine are right bald from last season, haha and i am looking for a new set.

Haha, I actually ordered the hella horns from Japan used for about $10! And for the tires I bought them from tirerack.com for about $700 shipped to my door. But these are top of the line summer performance tires, I can't believe how fast I am able to coner now!
By mitch6
AutoXRacer wrote:haha damn, well if you find another set of hella horns hook me up!,
and $700 for 2 tires or all 4?!
$700 seems a little pricey for only 2 tires.

Haha! Naw man, it's $700 for all four tires. And these are some really crazy summer performance tires, so they ain't cheap for 15s lol. But around the corners, they feel like a dream!