Post YOUR Hatchback here
By mitch6
TrailerTrash wrote:looking good :thumb:

lets see some nice night shots with those lights on :hehe:

haha YES, I will definitely post some, Just need to wait until I buy some philips or GE bulbs. These morimoto bulbs are garbage lol... (light output is still really good, but not compared to oem bulbs)

I will be rusing 35W oem bulbs with 55W ballast for maximum output since oem bulbs should be able to handle 55W ballast no problem.

I am a little slow with updates since I do not drive my hatch much since it is winter here :thumbdown:
By Punksz6
TrailerTrash wrote:looking good :thumb:

lets see some nice night shots with those lights on :hehe:

X2!! :thumb:
By Whodini187
#325660 :thumb: Hatch is looking awesome man and can't wait to see some night pics of those new lights. They look frickin' awesome. Keep up the good work. :woot:
By mitch6
#325772 Thanks for the comments everyone :thumb: here is a bit of a teaser

I still have not gotten around to buying the genuine Philips D2S 85122+ bulbs (4300K) I want. But I will be buying them in the next few days and wait for them to be shipped here. I will also be using 55W ballast with them for maximum light output :thumb: :thumb:

Here was my old D2S mini projectors, which were alrady super bright compared to most stock headlights:

and this is what my current FX-R 3.0's look like with these garbage morimoto bulbs, projector on the left is slightly off by a few degrees, no big deal, cant even notice, these projectors bowls are far to big for these headlight housing LOL!

once I put the philips bulbs in with the 55W ballast, these lights will be perfect!! and the color band on these are really evident :thumb:
By Punksz6
#326223 :thumb:
By mitch6
#327046 FINALLY got around to installing the new Philips 85122+ bulbs with my 55W ballast, here is the output:

I have to say, this light output when driving is so crazy! My projectors can now light up the road 4 lanes wide on each side!! And there is so much ground lighting, not to mention great color band! These bulbs were worth every penny and this retro-fit is not complete without them!

Also finally got around to installing my JDM ACRE braided stainless steel brake lines! They look awesome!

By mitch6
#328265 Have not made an update in some time now haha!!

Well, lets just say we had such a large snow fall here, my eg hatch is half buried in snow...

But for somewhat of an update, here is my new JDM FEEL'S intake I installed recently:

I really like the "Polish" looking finish, the quality looks much more superior to my last ingen intake!

And another show of my new retrofit in action! My light output is over whelming my friend's Lexus IS lights 8)

By mitch6
#329754 Another shot of my retrofit my buddy took while I was washing my car
:thumb: This is with the lights off, looks so mean! :twisted:

As for an update, since I sold my winter beater coupe, I have alot more time to work on my hatch. It works out well since spring is finally here!

I have had a set of JDM Power Folding Mirrors in my basement for some time now. Probably since last summer :lol: I bought a set of manual mirrors as well and I took both sets of mirrors appart and swapped all the power folding mirror internals (folding and adjustment motors) into the LHD CDM manual mirrors. The reason for this is because the RHD mirrors have convex mirror lens on both sides and also have a more accute angle for the mirror arm on the LHS mirror (For obvious reason, LHS is the passenger side in Japan).

The JDM mirrors (Blue ones) taken appart and ready to be swapped into the CDM mirrors:

Once I swapped all the internals over and swapped the glass, I wrapped all the external mirror components using some scrap matte black vinyl I had from wrapping my whole car :thumb: This worked out PERFECTLY! 8)

Before wrapping them, these are the CDM manual mirrors:

Matte wrap on the left, stock un-painted on the right. Looks far better in person!:

My matte wrapped mirrors!

Last thing to do now is install them are wire them up to my switch and relay! But this will probably not happen until after April, once I am done my Final Exams :thumbdown:

I can't wait to have them installed, LHD Power Folding Mirrors!!! :hehe:
By Civic_HatchSI
#329760 Sweet! I always wondered if this mirror swap could actually be done with our cdm mirrors! Nice work, keep us posted with the progress, I may want to do this to mine in the near future :thumb:
By mitch6
Civic_HatchSI wrote:Sweet! I always wondered if this mirror swap could actually be done with our cdm mirrors! Nice work, keep us posted with the progress, I may want to do this to mine in the near future :thumb:

Yep, it is very possible :thumb: only annoying part so far with the retrofit mirrors is de-pining the mirror connector :lol:

I might attempt to install them this weekend, but still unsure :?