Post YOUR Hatchback here
By HAFIL0_EG
#244227 keep up the good work champ :thumb:
By foxtuning65
HAFIL0_EG wrote:keep up the good work champ :thumb:

THanks man. Its coming along.

Over the next few days I am hoping to get an area for my catch can and some other things to go. Plus I want to start cleaning/sanding my engine bay. Its supposed to be like 72 degrees tomorrow :woot:
By foxtuning65
#251030 SO i have posted on here in a long ass time. :thumbdown: School is bitch and takes up all my time. But the semester is winding down so things should really get moving on the car.

The build is slowly coming along. Most of the bay is sanded, I took the subframe off to clean/sand/paint it and I am also going to put a new rack on the car since mine is shot. My gf has the camera this weekend so I will take some pictures as soon as she gets back. I also mocked up some stuff for my interior. Ill get a pic of that as well. :thumb:
By foxtuning65
#255164 I havent been on here in a loong time :?

As for the car, it is still in the garage ripped apart. I'm picking up a set of skunk2 coilovers for the time being till I can get a better setup. I have the bay pretty much ripped apart and just waiting to finish primering it. I ran out of primer and have just been waiting on some cash flow. I also cleaned up my ecu wiring that has been giving me tons of headaches. No more VAFC controller and I'm ordering the rywire conversion harness soon. But I'll grab some pics asap. :thumb:
By LaosToaster
Just to give you a hint about the rats nest i have to fix.

damn and i thought i had a bad ecu harness lol :lol:

keep up the good work
By foxtuning65
#255166 Yeah man Mine was hacked. But anyway, my ecu wiring went from:

To this:

In just about 35 minutes and some burns :D
Don't mind the picture. It was on my phone and the actual harness looks much better in person. I'll snap a picture with a camera tomorrow :thumb:
By foxtuning65
#259647 I haven't been on here in such a long time. THings have been crazy for me and I haven't even had the time to get on here and update people. The car has come a long way. I tore it down to practically nothing and I am slowly building it back up to be my little weekend race slut. I tore the bay down and sprayed it gunmetal metallic. I also took the subframe out and resprayed that while I sanded the bay down and made it look nice. Today I put it all back together and now she is just waiting for an interior and a heart. Here are some pics

First time outside in forever

New suspension dropped it a bit

looking like a car again

From this

To this

More parts will be getting ordered next weekend :-)
By dbrooks
#259651 sick! i think the whole car would look good in that color! :thumb:
By foxtuning65
dbrooks wrote:sick! i think the whole car would look good in that color! :thumb:

I think so too. The craziest part is that the paint is out of a rattle can :thumb:
By dbrooks
#259653 ^^ yeah man, if you prep it good and actually put effort into it, it looks great! good work :thumb: :thumb:
By EdwinBlack
#259654 Bay is looking good now :D i like the gunmetal metallic.

Its a whole bunch of work but the result is all worth it
By foxtuning65
#261125 Over the weekend I ordered my next couple parts. I got a rywire subharness and stainless steel clutch line that should be here early this week. I also ordered a set of transmission seals straight from honda and last but not least I ordered my chip for my ecu. Now I just have to find someone who will chip the ecu for me haha. I cannot wait to get these parts in and I will certainly take some pictures when they do finally get here :thumb:
By Gustavo
#261138 Looking good! :thumb:
By foxtuning65
#262182 Got most of my parts in. :woot: Did some work on the car and was surprised that the trans input shaft seal ended up being such an easy job.....till it kicked my ass. I got a cut on my finger right at the knuckle that went down to the bone thanks to this damn trans :x But anyway, the new seal is in, just waiting on a few new bearings and the trans should be put back together. Anyway, here's some pictures :thumb: (Sorry for the phone pics, camera is broken) :-(

The bay, just put in everything other than the motor for this beast to get fired up again
Rywire Stainless steel clutchline
Rywire Subharness
New Trans Seals straight from Honda:hehe:
The Culprit of my trans leaking 9 dollar a quart trans fluid everywhere
Workstation
How I left it after my finger got ripped open (Notice the blood spots on the floor)

Here's a sneak peak at the next project I am currently doing for the car :wink:

More updates as they happen!
By foxtuning65
#262647 So after looking a little closer at my trans situation. I was having a slight fifth gear grind if i shifted too fast and didnt know why. So I figured out it is the syncro spring for my fifth gear. It snapped and is in a bunch of pieces. Unfortunately only three companys make them. Honda, Gearspeed and Syncrotech. Honda won't sell them individually and the other two sell kits with all five of them in there. Looks like ill be buying all five syncro rings. This trans has been hell since I bought it :x