Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By chorean
JohnAWESOME wrote:Hey I just did this diy check it out.

I went with some of these
they are T5 5050 LED SMD I was thinking that they would spread the light out nice

I just did the cluster for now to see if I liked the color and how they spread the light.

Sorry no before pics kinda forgot till I was about 3/4 the way through

Now for the shitty part put them in got all them in the right way so they would light then looked at them for a bit :hehe:

30 mins later decided to take the hatch instead of the truck to my daughters basketball practice. She is 7 even said I like your lights why are they blue. We get there I tell her make sure you lock the door. She gets out and closes the door and don't ask me how she does it but she shuts just the tip of her thumb in the door. Just trapping it in the little gap between the door and the body.the door was locked so I had to unlock the door and open it to set her free. So if that isn't bad enough get into the car to race home and turn on the lights and no dash lights. I think great turn the switch off and back on just the left side lights up. I think WTF??? then they start to all slowly turn on then they all go out and so does the climate control lights I figure ok its just a fuse and oh well not to far home I will drive home without dash lights. Then I start to smell burnt plastic son of a bitch is this car gonna burn up??? race home no smoke and the smell starts to go away. I took care of my daughter and went out to dig into the hatch. All the fuses are good pull back out the cluster and what do I find...

:x :x shitty ass light :x :x I wonder why the fuse didn't blow???

and my daughters thumb is ok a little swollen and all purple under the nail but about 1 and a half hours after she says is practice over or can we go to the end of it?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... 74_t15.htm

These work best in my opinion, they won't break off or move when plugged in.

As said earlier in the thread you may need to razor blade some parts off to fit em, but I just put em in and they work perfectly.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BUYING BULBS WITH THE PLUGS. MOST OF OUR CLUSTER PLUGS (WHERE THE BULB IS INSERTED INTO) ARE WORN OUT AND DON'T HOLD THE BULBS IN WELL.

Also, the link to the Climate Control thread is dead. I still can't figure out how to swap my Climate Control bulbs :thumbdown: there's a thread on HT but it's just NOT specific enough.

AND last but not least, BUY THE HIGH POWER BULBS. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND ARE MUCH BRIGHTER THAN REGULAR ONES.
By gtstripes
#228800 can sumone please post a link to where the bulbs you need are, i cant seem to find them :| lol
By chorean
gtstripes wrote:can sumone please post a link to where the bulbs you need are, i cant seem to find them :| lol

I just did LOL ^post above yours
By 92hatchie
#239019 how many #74 go in the climate control?
By Honda4life
#239022 Saw this thread and took one of my old bulbs with me when I went to a after market parts store and they told me what bulb size it is. In my opinion looks a lot better than stock and you can see them a lot better. It's kinda like having Hids in your cluster lol. I also put the lights in my hatch trunk light and dome light. How hard is it to take out the climate control and replace them with these bulbs? The climate control is the last thing I need to change bulbs in to match the rest of my other lights.
By chorean
Honda4life wrote:Saw this thread and took one of my old bulbs with me when I went to a after market parts store and they told me what bulb size it is. In my opinion looks a lot better than stock and you can see them a lot better. It's kinda like having Hids in your cluster lol. I also put the lights in my hatch trunk light and dome light. How hard is it to take out the climate control and replace them with these bulbs? The climate control is the last thing I need to change bulbs in to match the rest of my other lights.

Climate Control is the biggest issue. I haven't even gotten around to it...cause I just plain can't figure it out right now, haha. The threads on HT are MEH at most, and have lots of broken pictures . The Haynes service manual is SEMI-helpful but someone's full tutorial would be best :thumb: :thumbdown:

408eg6 wrote:how many #74 go in the climate control?

Depends on your cluster. You only need to replace 5/6 bulbs. Make sure you have the right number or you have to order more (me).
By civiclover
RyVcZ wrote:ImageImage

now this is sweet! what with all the amber lighting :thumb:

it's reddish. i want amber :)
By 92_eghatch
#241943 was wondering about the climate control as well, but couldn't figure out how to get to the bulbs for the buttons. a couple hours ago i was bored so i set out to figure it out (and probly break something while doing it).

well.. actually didn't break anything for a change, and did figure it out. i will post a mini DIY after my phone charges.

...needless to say, it's a waste of time (unless you have a steady hand with a soldering iron), but i'll post pics anyway.
By 92_eghatch
#241962 ok so got everything taken apart, and edited all the pics. hope this helps. it's my first official DIY.

*first start by removing the front face, slider and knobs by unclipping it. two on the top, and one on each side.*

*now...in order to free the slider from its track, you have to unclip the plug and its metal arm. with the plug removed, you can pull the CC face off.*

*flip the unit over, remove the single screw. with the screw removed, the same spot where the screw was actually doubles as a clip so unclip it! next flip over and undo the 3 clips. it helps to have something wedged where the screw driver is so the clips don't reseat themselves. with the clips undone, you can now slide the main structure away from the board and buttons*

*so here you have the board, another plastic structure and the buttons. remove the 3 screws and unclip the lights from their "holes"*

*so lastly...you will need something long and very flat. notice the screw driver i used was kind of angled. it worked, but couple have used something better...possible a butter knife or long thin flat head screw driver. ...you will be pushing the buttons off of their "switches" now. and to do this, you will push the screw driver or butter knife until it bottoms out on the button. when you push the button off, you will have to be kind of forceful with nice even pressure. it will make a snapping noise like it broke, but it just popped off the stud is all. do this with all the other buttons.*

*now you have the board fully exposed with the bulbs showing. notice they are soldered in place. i imagine you could replace them with LED's if you had a steady hand. only problem i see is fitment of the LED into the button. that's why they are flat bulbs is because they fit inside the button...*

hope this helps. ***I DIDN'T BREAK ANY OF MY STUFF WHEN I TOOK IT APART, SO...IF I CAN TAKE THIS APART WITH OUT DESTROYING IT, YOU PROBABLY CAN AS WELL. I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU BREAKING YOUR CLIMATE CONTROL ASSEMBLY.***

...hope this helped everybody...

*edit* make sure you put the buttons back in where they go, don't put a rounded "end button" where the square buttons are supposed to go, you'll just have to take it all apart again... ...and they only fit one way. there's no upside down or right side up here. it's one way and that's it lol.
the clear plastic piece only fits one way as well. it fits with with black mask on the back and bottom where the 2 bulbs are.
By fresh eh2*
#241975 Im doing my climate control but im using sylvania bulbs and a amber reflector used in tailights and headlights to get the proper amber color. I also thought about using OEM EM1 orange condoms instead of the OEM blue ones that come in our civics.
By DontHateonEG8
fresh eh2* wrote:Im doing my climate control but im using sylvania bulbs and a amber reflector used in tailights and headlights to get the proper amber color. I also thought about using OEM EM1 orange condoms instead of the OEM blue ones that come in our civics.

ugh, if people actually read the whole thread...
look at the very last item ... and maybe throughout the whole site
http://autolumination.com/74.htm

OEM SI bulb condoms are really expensive (I think its close to 15 for like 10 of them? not 100% sure) or you can buy the condoms from there for 29 cents each plus low shipping. also remember - your old bulbs are probably dim, and those peeps have nice replacements - i bought some red bulbs and hella happy.
By 92hatchie
#242355 ok so idecided to try to modify my cluster lightning
so i decided to buy new regular bulbs
i jus swapped the old bulbs wit the new and i used a red sharpie n painted the bulbs
and walaaa looks pretty good,, but im gonna go wit led bulbs instead for a brighter light
By HAFIL0_EG
408eg6 wrote:ok so idecided to try to modify my cluster lightning
so i decided to buy new regular bulbs
i jus swapped the old bulbs wit the new and i used a red sharpie n painted the bulbs
and walaaa looks pretty good,, but im gonna go wit led bulbs instead for a brighter light

i've done the sharpie method to my ST162 Celica back in the day, it started off good and after a while the heat from the bulb cracked the sharpie coating and went from a solid bright blue to a pale blue.
how have yours held up?
By 92hatchie
#245261 held great.. unfotunately my hatch got stolen last night :x [smilie=BangHead.gif]