Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By StylezEG
#225886 ^Thanks for that, but that's the cheap way. I'd rather just replace the bulbs with amber one's and not have to worry about them fading and having to take them out to color them again, lol. :x
By kamikaza
#225938 that is the cheapest way :D
By Xanderion
#227420 What type of bulbs is there inside the climate control buttons etc?
By JohnAWESOME
#228217 Hey I just did this diy check it out.

I went with some of these
they are T5 5050 LED SMD I was thinking that they would spread the light out nice

I just did the cluster for now to see if I liked the color and how they spread the light.

Sorry no before pics kinda forgot till I was about 3/4 the way through

Now for the shitty part put them in got all them in the right way so they would light then looked at them for a bit :hehe:

30 mins later decided to take the hatch instead of the truck to my daughters basketball practice. She is 7 even said I like your lights why are they blue. We get there I tell her make sure you lock the door. She gets out and closes the door and don't ask me how she does it but she shuts just the tip of her thumb in the door. Just trapping it in the little gap between the door and the body.the door was locked so I had to unlock the door and open it to set her free. So if that isn't bad enough get into the car to race home and turn on the lights and no dash lights. I think great turn the switch off and back on just the left side lights up. I think WTF??? then they start to all slowly turn on then they all go out and so does the climate control lights I figure ok its just a fuse and oh well not to far home I will drive home without dash lights. Then I start to smell burnt plastic son of a bitch is this car gonna burn up??? race home no smoke and the smell starts to go away. I took care of my daughter and went out to dig into the hatch. All the fuses are good pull back out the cluster and what do I find...

:x :x shitty ass light :x :x I wonder why the fuse didn't blow???

and my daughters thumb is ok a little swollen and all purple under the nail but about 1 and a half hours after she says is practice over or can we go to the end of it?
By chnzgoofball
#228228 how did u make all the other buttons like up next to the steeringwheel the only button that lights up for my car is the rear defroster
By JohnAWESOME
#228234 If you asking me all I have in my car is the rear defrost switch and I haven't gotten LEDs to put into it or the climate controls I think that I am going to get white ones to put in the cluster not sure if I like the blue.
By JohnAWESOME
#228328 Hey just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to just plug another light in place of the one that had a meltdown??
By Xanderion
#228346 I would first check if have problems with the grounding (if that's what they call it in english).
By JohnAWESOME
#228412 Looked over everything and everything looks normal. Not sure where to check if the dash lights are grounded out. So grabbed a extinguisher and put a bulb in and no lights. It has a good fuse in it. What I am wondering is if the wires can burn up and the bulb at the same time?
By Xanderion
#228604 Don't you ever put in a bigger fuse than you're supposed to!
That may catch fire. And you don't want your wiring to burn. An expensive fix. There must be a grounding fault somewhere.
By chorean
JohnAWESOME wrote:Hey I just did this diy check it out.

I went with some of these
they are T5 5050 LED SMD I was thinking that they would spread the light out nice

I just did the cluster for now to see if I liked the color and how they spread the light.

Sorry no before pics kinda forgot till I was about 3/4 the way through

Now for the shitty part put them in got all them in the right way so they would light then looked at them for a bit :hehe:

30 mins later decided to take the hatch instead of the truck to my daughters basketball practice. She is 7 even said I like your lights why are they blue. We get there I tell her make sure you lock the door. She gets out and closes the door and don't ask me how she does it but she shuts just the tip of her thumb in the door. Just trapping it in the little gap between the door and the body.the door was locked so I had to unlock the door and open it to set her free. So if that isn't bad enough get into the car to race home and turn on the lights and no dash lights. I think great turn the switch off and back on just the left side lights up. I think WTF??? then they start to all slowly turn on then they all go out and so does the climate control lights I figure ok its just a fuse and oh well not to far home I will drive home without dash lights. Then I start to smell burnt plastic son of a bitch is this car gonna burn up??? race home no smoke and the smell starts to go away. I took care of my daughter and went out to dig into the hatch. All the fuses are good pull back out the cluster and what do I find...

:x :x shitty ass light :x :x I wonder why the fuse didn't blow???

and my daughters thumb is ok a little swollen and all purple under the nail but about 1 and a half hours after she says is practice over or can we go to the end of it?

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/ ... 74_t15.htm

These work best in my opinion, they won't break off or move when plugged in.

As said earlier in the thread you may need to razor blade some parts off to fit em, but I just put em in and they work perfectly.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BUYING BULBS WITH THE PLUGS. MOST OF OUR CLUSTER PLUGS (WHERE THE BULB IS INSERTED INTO) ARE WORN OUT AND DON'T HOLD THE BULBS IN WELL.

Also, the link to the Climate Control thread is dead. I still can't figure out how to swap my Climate Control bulbs :thumbdown: there's a thread on HT but it's just NOT specific enough.

AND last but not least, BUY THE HIGH POWER BULBS. IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE AND ARE MUCH BRIGHTER THAN REGULAR ONES.
By gtstripes
#228800 can sumone please post a link to where the bulbs you need are, i cant seem to find them :| lol
By chorean
gtstripes wrote:can sumone please post a link to where the bulbs you need are, i cant seem to find them :| lol

I just did LOL ^post above yours
By 92hatchie
#239019 how many #74 go in the climate control?