Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By LionHearted1
#311745 Howdy,

So, I had pulled into work the other day, rolled up my windows, when I noticed something was wrong. Even though the windows were up, I could still hear noises outside.... I turn around, and lo and behold, my drivers side rear window was still down. I hit the switch, and it just made this horrible sound... like drywall screws going down a garbage disposal.

So, I took off the door panel, and removed this thingy...

The yellow circle is where that black piece is completely disconnected, and where the arrow points at, its completely severed.
Clearly, this is my culprit.

I'm pretty sure this is my window motor. Where the gray line is in the first picture, that's still connected to something in the window. So I cant remove the entire unit without cutting it.

I was wondering if anyone has replaced one of these before and could point me in the direction of a walkthrough, or lend a helping hand.

Thanks for your time.
By asianrob
#311789 hmm might just be easier to replace the whole assembly for what it costs.

but its not hard iirc its just a couple of screws that hold it to the regulator. it should be all straight forward.
By LionHearted1
#311920 From what I've been able to read... it seems that the regulator is attached to the power window motor. So, I would need to detach the regulator from the actual window, and replace the entire unit.

Can anyone confirm this for me?