Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By JohnRM
#272675 Has anyone used products like Dynamat or FatMat, etc. on their car?

I'm sure everyone would agree with me that the D15B7 engine noise is annoying inside the car. I was thinking to use something like Dynamat to kind of make it quieter inside the car. Any thoughts?

Also, if I was to do this, where would this stuff be placed? I know that for audio people put it in the usual places such as doors and the trunk.

Comments are always appreciated!

-John
By RWMIII
#272676 The B7 is not a loud motor.

As for blocking out engine noise, try pulling up the carpet and placing it on the inside firewall as high up as you can reach, unless you feel like pulling out the dash and doing the whole firewall that way. Which would yield better results.
By JohnRM
RWMIII wrote:The B7 is not a loud motor.

As for blocking out engine noise, try pulling up the carpet and placing it on the inside firewall as high up as you can reach, unless you feel like pulling out the dash and doing the whole firewall that way. Which would yield better results.

Placement is what I was looking for. Thanks, RWMIII!
By oil4blood26
#275313 i've read in a dsport magazine of mine that hush mat does a pretty good job for sound dampening. though in the article they were doing it for audio reasonings to quiet outside noise. but im sure it could be used the same way for your engine noise.

http://hushmat.com/