Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By andyc
#232113 Before I get stuck into swapping my dash I wanted to ask on here that itll swap ok... Im swapping across the dash from a 95 LSi Coupe to a 92 DX Hatch and vice versa. will all the wiring clips etc be the same?

also, the DX dosnt have a rev counter, once the LSi dash is in the DX will there be additional wiring to have the rev counter working??

Cheers :thumb:
Last edited by andyc on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TrailerTrash
#232114 they should swap over no problem and i am 99% sure there is already wiring for the rev counter.

just remember to switch the VIN tags from car to car aswell.

good luck
By andyc
#232122 vin tags on the dash?
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#232162 On the drivers side at the base of the windshield is your vin tag. It has to match the car it belongs to. If you are swapping the whole dash it should be easy to do once you pull them out.
By andyc
#232189 cheers doods, id have probably missed that :lol:
By DontHateonEG8
andyc wrote:cheers doods, id have probably missed that :lol:

word. be very careful with it too. its riveted so have a professional do it. a buddy of mine tried and has failed miserably. you cannot get a new vin tag plate. he now put a random "I <3 my Honda" sticker in place of his VIN cause if gets caught the cops will confiscate the dash - no joke.
By andyc
#232322 That sucks... I may have to take it slower in that case, plan it through better
By DontHateonEG8
andyc wrote:That sucks... I may have to take it slower in that case, plan it through better

all you have to do is drill out the rivets from the old one and re-rivet the vin to the new dash. i would practice on the new dashboard since that vin number is pointless to you.
By andyc
#232324 rivitings not my strong subject... maybe super glue?
By DontHateonEG8
andyc wrote:rivitings not my strong subject... maybe super glue?

i guess you can do that. In that case try to flip the dash upside down and slowly grind the old rivets out. once you reach the plastic just push them out carefully. then superglue the VIN and the rivets so it looks stock, nah mean?
By Classiccarsrule85
#232335 I just went to home depot and got some small round head bolts (allen key style) and square nuts and they worked perfectly ill have to get some pics or something....but yea i just drilled the rivets out quick and replaced with the bolt nut setup ive done this a couple times so yea ill get pics and what not shortly to ya...
By andyc
#232339 That would be good buddy, I cant rivet and thatd be better than glueing it... the cops would have something to say about it I reckon if it looked poop
By Binks
#232347 or...get a nice dremel tool and cut the underside of the rivet. put two lines in it like a philips head screw and use a flat head and pop out the peices.

im doing a dash swap myself and had to switch out my vins
By andyc
#251982 so... Im considering this again so a few more questions...

The dash I'm swapping into my DX has a main relay, when I swap everything across do I keep that there, plug everything in and the main relay is just not used until I swap in another ecu for an engine that would use the main relay?

The dash I'm swapping into my DX also has electric mirror and sunroof controls attached. will these switches and theyre wiring easily stay in the LSi when the dash is swapped so they can be used with the DX dash thats going in it? or do I need to mess about with the harnesses to keep them in the LSi with a DX dash?

Cheers guys :thumb: [/list]
By Ecc0
#252003 As you will be putting the d16 into the dx at some point keep the main relay ready ans waiting for when you need it.

As for the mirror and sunroof switches you can pop these out of one dash and switch them to the other dash I can't remember if the wires are easy to seperate from the dash harness but this is where your time is going to be spent.

One thought though why not change over the electric mirrors and have these on the dx just for added comfort???