Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By cjw_89
#227564 I recently picked up a 93 si off a police office in the town i live in.The car came from ontario and he had numerous things done to it.Things like cf hood,duckbill,mirrors,gsr fake leathers,d15b turbo,projectors,all audio gear.But i baught it off the guy who got it off the cop.He took 75% of goodies off it but left the cluster.Its a white faced one registered for 180 kmh.

I picked it up for $200 without any drivetrain.I got in contact with the officer on what is actually wrong with the car.He told this and that and that the cluster only half lights up and flickers.I just had the car running the other night and the cluster is kinda acting up.It only half lights up,its really hard to explain.My question is the cluster shot? I never got down to checking the wiring and what not.Do these give trouble wired up into cdm civics?The dimmer didnt work either.Perhaps is isnt plugged in?

Sorry for my ife story and all but i just had to explain my situation.Thank you for reading :thumb:
By {ikon}EM1
#227570 I don't think so... most of the clusters from honda has the circuit board on the out side so if a bulb goes out u can replace it... just take it out and pop out the bulbs and see if they need to be replaced... :thumb:
By Datsmart
#227581 I had a cluster that didn't have dimmer lights.
Found that the circuit board had a tear in it that broke the circuit path. I just smeared some solder across the tear with a hot soldering iron to complete the circuit.
Check the circuit board closely for any broken paths, particularly around the harness plugs. Some guys are a little rough taking them out. Easy to fix once you spot the problem.
By cjw_89
#227622 Thanks for the replys :) umm replacing the bulbs is something i want to avoid though.The amber bulbs arent easy to find without resorting to the web ?? right..
By asianrob
#227642 i believe for the JDM clusters you might have to wire up the dimmer. its supposedly something about RHD cars?..
By cjw_89
#228301 well its a non-amber so to speak dimmer.I have a spare kicking around so i will tr that.The wiring has to be (cut) for the cluster to function on a cdm dosent it.How hard it is to amber your dimmr :shock:
By deschlong
#228379 This post is confusing - but you can stop worrying about a dimmer. JDM white-face clusters aren't wired to dim. JDM cars (and EDM) don't have a dimmer. The clusters aren't wired to dim. They are still plug and play though, they just don't dim. Your problem is elsewhere.