Dash Seats, Steering Wheels etc... If it's inside your Civic then it's in here.
By Ronnoc74
#223593 I'm in the process of swapping my stock cluster for a '00 ls cluster. I did all the wiring according to the thread on HT about it, and everything works except the e-brake light and the actual cluster lights won't come on when I turn my lights on. I got to thinking about it and my climate control doesn't light up either. My car doesn't have a dimmer switch (or any switches in that area where the switches should be. The previous owner took them all out for some reason and put some sort of fake carbon fiber covers over them.) The plug is completely cut off and there are 3 wires back where it should be. I'm unsure of the colors of them but if my logic is correct, the way a dimmer switch works is it allows how much electricity goes to the cluster/climate control and allows them to brighter or more dim. Since there is no switch there, there is no current flow so there's no output, so the lights stay off. If I connected two of those wires, wouldn't it allow full power and let them stay bright all the time? If my thinking is correct then this should work right?

The only other question I would have if that would work is how to get my e-brake light to work. I triple checked my wiring job and everything is exactly how it says to do it in the HT post. The only possible thing I can think of that might make it not work is I replaced my e-brake handle not too long ago and I did a full rear disc swap, though I don't even think that would make it not work since I didn't mess with anything electrical doing that. :?

Can anyone offer any help? I'd really appreciate it.
By Ronnoc74
#223632 well I went out today after doing some research and I connected the red and black wires (not the red/black) and that made the cluster light up but not my climate controls.

another problem I have now is a while back I did the Lights-On chime retrofit (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2749779) which worked fine last night before I stopped for the night. Now today, I go out to finish up the wiring for the cluster and my dome light won't work and the lights on chime won't work. I checked my fuses and they're all good.
Any ideas as to what could be wrong?