I'm sure the locals will come up with a catchy description for their forum...
By ditoegsaloon
Annoyingricer wrote:Ah nice, I saw that I was like... I COULD.... But I only had £10 so thought I'd wait. How much was they? and If possible that'd be amazing, how much'd you want for them? I got me a rear ARB as well, but think about wednesday I'm doing LCAs, rear lower strut brace and might pop on my coilover springs... Not sure yet =\

bought them for 58.50 rear disc brakes, handbrake cables and rear arb + lca's, bit pricey and i should knocked the price down bit more but cba as i was too excited :D

how much i want for lca bolts? nuffin

i just done mine today, bit pain :x but managed to do it
By Boods
ditoegsaloon wrote:
Annoyingricer wrote:Ah nice, I saw that I was like... I COULD.... But I only had £10 so thought I'd wait. How much was they? and If possible that'd be amazing, how much'd you want for them? I got me a rear ARB as well, but think about wednesday I'm doing LCAs, rear lower strut brace and might pop on my coilover springs... Not sure yet =\

bought them for 58.50 rear disc brakes, handbrake cables and rear arb + lca's, bit pricey and i should knocked the price down bit more but cba as i was too excited :D

Ah man that's nothin compared to what people on civiclife'd charge lol. they'd want like 150 for it haha. the amount of times I went in there an eyed up the rear disk convs and like 282s for the front haha, but alas, I have... NO money lol. An cheers about the LCA bolts, I got some D2s AGES ago and still havn't got round to fitting them...
How long'd doin the LCAs take?

Also we need another meet some time soon I think!
By andyc
#208166 the lca's will be easy mate, you might want a breaker though if theyve been untouched for a while...

and the dizzy, just mark yours before you take it off, its best to get it back on how it came off or the timing will be very slightly out... once the 3 bolts are loose it rotates quite a bit... I advanced the timing on mine very slightly which I heard was a cheeky free tuning tip... I think thats what made my car more responsive at low end... and louder :hehe:
By ditoegsaloon
Annoyingricer wrote:
ditoegsaloon wrote:

Ah man that's nothin compared to what people on civiclife'd charge lol. they'd want like 150 for it haha. the amount of times I went in there an eyed up the rear disk convs and like 282s for the front haha, but alas, I have... NO money lol. An cheers about the LCA bolts, I got some D2s AGES ago and still havn't got round to fitting them...
How long'd doin the LCAs take?

Also we need another meet some time soon I think!

yh dude i also got plus point which is experience :D.

depends on if you have seized bolts or not, if not it will only take couple mins. but if one of the seized, mostly the mid bolt where the shock sitting on lcas then you might spend all day :D

give them wd40 everyday before you take them off, it helps a lot.

yeah another meet would be great
By chrisscott
#208183 took me 3 days to do my lca's- wasnt even changing my lcas, was changing suspension an bolt snapped, so i thought fuck it new lca's, D2's came next day, had to wait 3 days for a bolt from honda.
so yeah gud luck :thumb:
By andyc
#208205 nasty, ive heard of those breaking but ive been lucky so far... I can just imaine what a fucker that is, the moment is breaks :x
By andyc
#208206 and i dont know about performance wise but those d2's looked awesome from behind the car leaving the car park mate :thumb:
By ditoegsaloon
#208208 i heard the uprated lcas dont bring any improvement just look better. rear arb and lower strut brace, these are the answer.

actually i just fitted ESi rear arb and i noticed the difference when cornering or it just me :lol:
By andyc
#208209 well, youll basically be saving weight (not much though) and gaining mucher tighter bushings... I replaced the center bushings on my lca's i while back and even just changing those was noticable, its alot firmer. that made me want to do every bushing on the chassis, that will be awesome but they are a mutherfucker to replace
By ditoegsaloon
ANDYC wrote:well, youll basically be saving weight (not much though) and gaining mucher tighter bushings... I replaced the center bushings on my lca's i while back and even just changing those was noticable, its alot firmer. that made me want to do every bushing on the chassis, that will be awesome but they are a mutherfucker to replace

totally agree lol... mate hows the d16z6? are gonna fit the engine back?
By andyc
#208212 that project is temporarily parked (bit like my car :( ) It just needs a dizzy like the B7 but part of me now wants to put it in the garage (dont ask where im keeping it lol) and strip/build it up for a turbo setup... if I do it will need to be a long term build as im poor at the moment, buying bit by bit. at the same time, my plan was always to do chassis, body, then power so that would work out nice... just means making do with 90-100 horses for quite a while :(
By ditoegsaloon
ANDYC wrote:that project is temporarily parked (bit like my car :( ) It just needs a dizzy like the B7 but part of me now wants to put it in the garage (dont ask where im keeping it lol) and strip/build it up for a turbo setup... if I do it will need to be a long term build as im poor at the moment, buying bit by bit. at the same time, my plan was always to do chassis, body, then power so that would work out nice... just means making do with 90-100 horses for quite a while :(

that doesnt sound good man, it must be hard seeing your car broken and skint.

turbo build, what bhp you aiming? i'd be happy enough with manual tranny and d16z6 engine, i wish :(

i just got obd1 engine n interior looms from scrap yard and i can tell you they are pain the arse ! fook me, it will be the first and the last thing i would to do :x
By andyc
#208221 im not goin for anything crazy mate, probably 200-250... to be honest I want need to build it up for that, I just want to strip it and replace some bits to say I can and learn a bit :?
By Boods
#208223 Ah andy I was in the same boat as you, but as it is I've decided to just keep the civic and make it look as nice as I can make it for as little as possible while saving up.

You thought about super-charging it instead? the D16 that is?

also can't the LCAs be for weight, looks and also for strength? if you've got something with say super-hard suspension, then a lot of force'd be going into the LCAs so stronger [bigger] ones'd help?

I'm really worried about my LCAs snapping, hence I asked if you had any spare because.... knowing my luck haha, been WD40ing them every day since last wednesday.... :eh:

didn't have a chance to check the dizzy btw andy, ended up raining AS i got outside so thought I cba to clean the engine bay an stuff while it's raining... Sorry man. Thanks for the cheeky tuning tip too! gonna try that tomorrow when I test fit the other one. :)
By andyc
#208284 yeah thats cool mate, I think this little tip is better if you got bolt ons too... Basically turning the dizzy anti clockwise advances the timing (only turn it a very very small ammount from where it was though. What itll basically do is make it spark a tad later, letting more air/fuel in the cylinder before ignition. you might not notice anything but its worth a go :? when you do it, take it for a test run with the window down, if you hear knocking turn it slightly clockwise till it stops :thumb: