General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By Classiccarsrule85
#104724 Ok well i know i saw a DIY before of this and making it work correctly and i was not sure where i saw this either but anyhow i just got done with a nice trade for a rebuilt z6 trans and the guy also threw in shift linkage for it however it has a gsr shifter rod on it I am not sure also if he did anything correctly to allow the shifter to go into all gears so before i do anything with it I was wondering if anyone came across this DIY
Thank you ahead of time.....

I find it funny also that i find things read about them and end up needing the info again and cant find it but then again its probaly because i am on so many different forums lol....well anyhow anyone know what im talking about?

p.s. before anyone asks yes i did do a search an extensive one n such....
By Classiccarsrule85
#104731 thanks yea thats the only one i found online searching that remotely made sence to what i typed in lol but yea searching for the one guys 2nd DIY at doing a integra cluster into a eg i found the thing i was looking for lol....

http://d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9772
By hondajunkee
#104733 I dont know how comfortable I'd be cutting into my shift linkage, would prob just invest into a B&M shifter, or some ebay stuff on the cheap
By Classiccarsrule85
#104739 yea thankfully i have stock d series shifters lol so thats going on instead most likley though im having to wait since i want to make sure the trade is finaly since he got a gsr trans with a cracked case i never looked at the internals and it also came with a ls trans case all hydro but i wasnt going to do anything for it so yea im waiting at least 2weeks for him to look it over and decide because i dont want to be that kinda guy that gives ya something you find out its bad and i wont take it back im not like that....but i know people who are lol but yea i was just wondering i probaly wont be doing the gsr shifter just throw in a d series and then when im used to the shifting again invest in a short throw shifter....
By hondajunkee
#104747 yeah I know the feeling, bought a bottom end cause mine smoked cause of bad rings just to buy a bottom end that smoked even worse then my original one even though he said it didn't smoke at all :thumbdown:

good luck, hope it works out good for you