General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By biretsu89
#77784 I replaced my throw out bearing when I put a new clutch in.... at least I tihnk that was the throw out bearing.... :eh:
By VegasCivic
biretsu89 wrote:I replaced my throw out bearing when I put a new clutch in.... at least I tihnk that was the throw out bearing.... :eh:

yes what you replaced is the TOB.

If it is still making the noise. The mainshaft bearing will most likely be the problem. When you step on the clutch,even slightly, does the noise stop?
By nig90
#78063 my car is kinda doing the same thing. it wines up when im raping out
By biretsu89
#78068 Yes when I press the clutch... the noise stops... but soon as I start moving in 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear... a random bearing noise starts... its never for sure... the noise comes and goes... I need to open up the tranny to find out :?
By VegasCivic
biretsu89 wrote:Yes when I press the clutch... the noise stops... but soon as I start moving in 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear... a random bearing noise starts... its never for sure... the noise comes and goes... I need to open up the tranny to find out :?

Input shaft bearing. :thumb:
Really good pictures on it here http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14079

Sorry chrono :lol:

It's not hard at all, just have a space to keep things seperate :D
By biretsu89
#78230 freakin sweeet.... thanks :thumb:
By chrono404
VegasCivic wrote:
biretsu89 wrote:Yes when I press the clutch... the noise stops... but soon as I start moving in 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear... a random bearing noise starts... its never for sure... the noise comes and goes... I need to open up the tranny to find out :?

Input shaft bearing. :thumb:
Really good pictures on it here http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14079

Sorry chrono :lol:

It's not hard at all, just have a space to keep things seperate :D

Nice! Pics are alot better then mine, Shows how to drop the transmission as well :thumb: