General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By biretsu89
#76789 now if im driving my car... will that bearing make a noise? or no?... if i can fix it easily... then alright... but i dont want to rebuild my tranny if its something with the gears O.o...
By chrono404
biretsu89 wrote:now if im driving my car... will that bearing make a noise? or no?... if i can fix it easily... then alright... but i dont want to rebuild my tranny if its something with the gears O.o...

INSTALL THE MAIN SHAFT BEARING
Okay So now that we have tested the "Main Shaft Bearing" and bought a new one we need to take out the old one. Its very similar to taking out your Differential
1) Flip your Transmission over from the side you tested it on. so its now on the Bell housing side.
2) Take a long flat bladed screw driver and hammer and punch out the old bearing.
3) Keep old bearing in New Item's bag, hang on wall and use as a conversational piece. (Joking, However I did it >_>)
4) Flip Transmission over again so bell housing is down.
5) Put the bearing over the old hole, then either hit the sides with a hammer (what I did) or use a large socket and knock it in.

Congratulations. You most likely fixed your dieing Transmission noise.

- http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2775

The Bearing will make a Noise when Driving yes, Once you put in a new one the Noise SHOULD Go away.
By biretsu89
#76805 .... freakin sweet..... I'll do this since the bearing isnt that much :thumb: ... Thanks guys... you all have been a very good help
By indie2.0
#76936 having the same problem. glad this forum is around. thanks guys.
By Josiah
#77499 is your throw out bearing bad? they make weird noise when worn.
By biretsu89
#77784 I replaced my throw out bearing when I put a new clutch in.... at least I tihnk that was the throw out bearing.... :eh:
By VegasCivic
biretsu89 wrote:I replaced my throw out bearing when I put a new clutch in.... at least I tihnk that was the throw out bearing.... :eh:

yes what you replaced is the TOB.

If it is still making the noise. The mainshaft bearing will most likely be the problem. When you step on the clutch,even slightly, does the noise stop?
By nig90
#78063 my car is kinda doing the same thing. it wines up when im raping out
By biretsu89
#78068 Yes when I press the clutch... the noise stops... but soon as I start moving in 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear... a random bearing noise starts... its never for sure... the noise comes and goes... I need to open up the tranny to find out :?
By VegasCivic
biretsu89 wrote:Yes when I press the clutch... the noise stops... but soon as I start moving in 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear... a random bearing noise starts... its never for sure... the noise comes and goes... I need to open up the tranny to find out :?

Input shaft bearing. :thumb:
Really good pictures on it here http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14079

Sorry chrono :lol:

It's not hard at all, just have a space to keep things seperate :D
By biretsu89
#78230 freakin sweeet.... thanks :thumb:
By chrono404
VegasCivic wrote:
biretsu89 wrote:Yes when I press the clutch... the noise stops... but soon as I start moving in 1st,2nd, and 3rd gear... a random bearing noise starts... its never for sure... the noise comes and goes... I need to open up the tranny to find out :?

Input shaft bearing. :thumb:
Really good pictures on it here http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14079

Sorry chrono :lol:

It's not hard at all, just have a space to keep things seperate :D

Nice! Pics are alot better then mine, Shows how to drop the transmission as well :thumb: