General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By milkweed
#69634 i need a transmission asap. and the fastest thing i can get is out a d15 non v-tec either a 2 door or 4 door. and i was wondering if this will bolt up and if it's good or bad..i got a 95 ex coupe with the d16z6 and i just got some minor bolt ons and ran a 15.6 when the tranny and everything was good. please help...
By KRYSTED9354
#69635 It will bolt RIGHT up, as long as its from a D , also u should check if yours was hydro or cable and get the same, other trans gears might be longer but no biggy. good luck
By Classiccarsrule85
#69657 if that is the fastest trans you can get and you need it asap then id get it. i mean it will work pretty good but i would suggest finding another vtec d trans just because its better to match up. but the 1.5 trans will be fine for now but trust me it will not last as long as a vtec trans....my Cx (I did not know at the time had a Cx trans hooked up to the 1.6 z6 and it lasted for awhile but the trans kicked out pretty bad. and i drove it like a granny .....
By d-mon
#70018 if its a hydro d-series trans, it will bolt right up, but an EX trans has better gears.