General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#1861 I found a used one at slow motion motorsports in Columbus. I think they are about $150 new.

Hasport or Innovative (I think) makes them. I dont know what make mine is, but it is not as nice as the Hasport.
The Hasport mount is part # EGAMH.

Here's the hasport on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... mot_widget

That one looks different than mine though, mine has 3 holes like the one below:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hasport- ... enameZWDVW
By whiteEG
#1956 ok so i finally finished taking apart both civics.. now i need some help with wiring.. how do i run the cluth line and how am i supposed to mount em? i wanna do my hatch first which is being swapped for a manual. so if ne one has ne pictures itd be really helpful.. cause right now im confused n lost.. lol
By teal_dx
#1968 check the last post on page 1 of this thread, there's all the details.

Some of that stuff is optional, but if you need to look at a manual car to see how it's done, at least you can just go look at your other civic :D

if you have any specific questions, I can compare my swap to yours and see if I can help
By whiteEG
#1997 guys i need help.. i need to find a manual to automatic passenger motor mount to finish things up with the coupe.. if ne of u guys know where i can find one or can make one n sell it. ill be willing to pay for it.. this is like the only thing that i need to finish up..
By teal_dx
#1998 I've never heard of a manual to auto mount... your best bet would be to contact companies like Hasport or Innovative and see if they offer one or can make one. This is going to be a hard part to find... If you know someone who can weld, it might be cheaper to have the bracket cut & re-welded.
By whiteEG
#2082 ok guys so im having trouble puttin the clutch lines back in place.. is there an easy way of doing this? also in one of the wiring posts it says that you have to connect the two thick black wires to each other in order to start the car by pushing the clutch but in another one it says that you have to connect the black wires to the clutch sensor in order to start the car by pushing the clutch. which one is right?
By teal_dx
#2086 If you just connect the 2 fat black wires together at the console by where they meet, then you should be able to start your car without pushing the clutch when you turn the key. (just don't forget and leave your car in gear when you start) If you want it to be like OEM, then you have to run both of those wires to your clutch pedal switch. This way when you push your clutch pedal, it closes the loop and the 2 wires will then be connected and your car will start.

The clutch line will run from the clutch master cylinder, along the firewall, and then down the passenger side. Then there is a section of rubber hose about 12" long that goes from the steel line to the slave cylinder.
If the steel line is giving you problems, you can install a stainless braided line.

Here's a couple on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Earls-ci ... enameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INTEGRA- ... enameZWDVW

Those will replace the steel part of the line. There is also stainless braided sections to replace the rubber part for about $25. do an ebay search for "civic clutch line" and there will be a bunch of them.
I bought one a while back and it was $60 :oops:

These are a lot easier to work with compared to the hard lines, maybe it will help you some.
By whiteEG
#2168 ok so i got a problem.. big big big problem.. so i finished my hatch today.. and i went to go turn it on.. it turned on and everything but it makes a loud high pitched whirling noise and and the car keeps revving itself like in a humming rhythm kind of thing.. it sounded like it came from the throttle body so i replaced it.. turned it on again.. and the same thing.. everything else works fine it shifts in gear, it moves everything.. but these are the only two problems that i am having right now thats keeping me from driving my car.. ne one know wut it could be?
By ChicagoMike
#2171 As for the noise, I'm not sure. As for the revving, do some research on the FITV and the IACV. One of those could be the problem and its an easy fix. Also make sure all your vacuum hoses are connected.

Any check engine lights?? If not I'm leaning more towards the little screw inside the FITV.
By whiteEG
#2172 ya the check engine light does turn on but only at high rpms... but even then its only sometimes not always.. do u guys thnk that since i dont have the passenger motor mount yet.. supposed to be here by tuesday.. that maybe the engine/tranny arent sitting straight that could be the problem?
By teal_dx
#2182 the engine sitting crooked will put a strain on the axle but the revving sounds like a vacuum leak to me.

btw, where did you find the mount at?
By whiteEG
#2185 o i got the one that u posted a few comments ago.. the one from ebay.. also if it is a vacuum leak.. how do i fix it..?
By teal_dx
#2186 you gotta find the leak :D

I'd look around the area you hear the hissing coming from. it could be a rubber hose that you forgot to connect. If it is coming from the throttle body area, there are some vaccum lines around there on the intake manifold so I'd check all of those. There's nipples on the front and back of the manifold so be sure to check them all.

If it ran fine before and now the idle is bouncing, I'd bet on vaccum leak.
By whiteEG
#2254 ok so the problem is a vacuum leak.. but i juss havent figured out where.. all my hoses are connected.. so its givin me one heck of a hard time tryin to figure out where the leak is comin from.. on the wire harness ther are 2 clips that plug into the throttle body. and next to one of these clips there is a mount to screw something if ne one knows wut im talkin bout and knows where to screw in the mount then i think that should fix my problem.. so please help...
By ChicagoMike
#2256 Get some carb cleaner. Put one of those WD-40 tubes on it, and spray around any possible locations it could be. When the idle jumps, that's where the leak is.