General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By teal_dx
#2259 did you swap the throttle bodies? If so I'd take them off and compare. If one of the TB's was a 1992, that might cause problems. 1992's had the MAP sensor on the firewall and after that they had the MAP sensor on the throttle body.
By whiteEG
#2278 ya i did change the throttle bodies and made sure that it was from a 93-95.. also i fixed the noise that the car was makin.. turned out that the honda dealership sold me the wrong throttle body gasket so i got another one.. no more noise now.. i also bought some carb cleaner started spraying it around to check for any idle revs.. but nothing happend..which is leading me to believe that its not a leak.. o ya when i changed the gasket the check engine light came on and now it comes on as soon as the car turns on..
By teal_dx
#2284 Well at least the leak is fixed... disconnect the battery & let it sit for a while (hour) if the CEL is still there, Check the code and let us know.
By whiteEG
#2290 wuts a CEL? and how do i check the code? i wud rather see if i cud fix the problem myself than take it to a shop to do
By whiteEG
#2303 ok so i did this test and this is wut i came up with... 3 short blinks= map sensor then a pause... then 7 short blinks= TP sensor.. pause.. then 1 long blink= which im guessing would be the oxygen sensor.. so im guessing that i prolly plugged in the wrong plugs to the throttle body sensor.. gonna switch em around and see wut happens.. if u guys think it cud be ne thing else.. please let me know.. thanks
By teal_dx
#2307 Sounds right, the TPS and MAP sensors use the same plug and are close to each other, so it is easy to plug them into each other. switch those two and then give it a try.
By whiteEG
#2322 ok so i switched the TPS and MAP sensors and same results..so i was about to take out the engine harness again when i noticed that all the connectors on the intake manifold are also the same size and could be plugged into different places.. so i was wondering if anyone could take a picture of these connectors as well as the TPS and MAP connectors so i could take a look at the colors of the wire and whre they go.. would really help a lot..
By teal_dx
#2324 ok, I just looked and the TPS wires are red, yellow, and green (all have stripes).

there are 2 round connectors that have 2 wires each, you may have swapped those around too. the one with the white conector is the Intake Air Temp sensor (IAT) has green & red wires (both with stripes). it is mounted on the lower back side of the intake manifold, on the bottom side of one of the runners (#2)

then there is a round connector that is grey with blue & yellow wires, it is the Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) which is mounted on the back of the Intake manifold beside the throttle body.

Those looked like the only plugs that could fit anywhere else than where they normally go.
By whiteEG
#2326 ok so i did that and it was no good. still got the same results.. so im thinkin that the TPS and MAP sensors mite have burnt out or gone bad after being plugged into the wrong connector.. could that happen? if not could there be any other possible explanations fo wut is going on?
By teal_dx
#2327 I never thought that was possible, but maybe it can happen. Maybe try swapping them with the sensors from the other civic and see if it still happens. Then you'll know for sure if you need to replace the sensors.

Also, you have been disconnecting your battery for a while to clear the codes right?
By whiteEG
#2328 ya i disconnect the battery everytime i switch the wires around.. wait for like 15-20 min then turn it on to see wut happens.. but ill switch out the sensors today and see wut happens..
By whiteEG
#2358 ok so i switched out the MAP, TP, and IAT sensors today.. after removing them.. i looked and saw that they all were burnt .. replaced them.. went to turn on the car and it worked perfectly.. drove it almost all day today to see if everything was ok.. and it cudnt be better.. it feels like its gotten so much quicker and lighter.. thanks guys for all the help...
By teal_dx
#2361 good to hear! one down, one to go. keep us up to date on the manual to auto swap!
By fresh eh2*
#2362 That's maaddd work, madd props to u whiteEG, keep us updated and try to get some pics too that's would b good shyt