General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By egdan
#264692 hi today i decided to do a burnout as you do and smoke poored out the bottom of my car i then relised i had burnt my clutch out 50 miles from home after getting a good deal on some coilovers so now the good deal i got on the coilovers wasnt such a good deal becouse i now have to buy a clutch aswell . iv been looking at a cheap f1 racing clutch on ebay for 125 pound has anyone used these and are they ok .thanks
By TrailerTrash
#264734 I've never heard of a clutch completely burning up just like that. usually its still drivable even just barly :?

but anyway F1 and XTD seem to be the shiz when it comes to ebay Honda clutches. I'm sure there are people here that will x2 this.
By egdan
TrailerTrash wrote:I've never heard of a clutch completely burning up just like that. usually its still drivable even just barly :?

but anyway F1 and XTD seem to be the shiz when it comes to ebay Honda clutches. I'm sure there are people here that will x2 this.

Hi yer its still drivable but doesnt feel great its deff about to let go . I was doing 8500 rpm for about 7 seconds before i realised hand on its not the wheels spinning lol. And cheers for the reply . Wat will a stage 1 clutch feel like im guessing it will be a bit snapyer and wont slip as easly . Thanks
By chrono404
#264823 I had an XTD Stage 3 for my D16z6 and it worked awesome. I have a XTD Stage 2 In my JDM B20b/b16 tranny setup and its crazy. I chirp tires going into 5th Gear. :lol: :thumb:
By d-mon
#264935 i had an f1 stage 1 clutch.
i liked it. after 6000mi it still looked new.
94_jdm_ferio has it in his car now :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#264947 I forgot to mention I just installed an XTD stage 3 6puck with an XTD 8.5lb flywheel in my coupe. im at 380 miles of the 500 recommended by XTD and so far not a single issue other than a little bit of chatter
By Eg6H2D
#264948 F1 racing and XTD Clutches on ebay are good ive been running my XTD stage 3 on my z6 for almost 2 years now. I changed the trans in my z6 in march and purchased another Stage 3 from XTD that is in there now.. I have nooo Complaints what so ever!! and the old one that was replaced still had life in it.. =]

.. If your in a budget definately go with one from either Seller. GripForce clutches sells the F1 units. AimcoClutch sells the XTD units both great sellers to deal with!!

Id Say go stage 2 at the least to feel a difference..

They got my vote for sure!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: