General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By jdmdx93
#260569 Im a newbie, I understand alot except for trannys and suspension. My car was up on a lift today for the suspension and i noticed a distinct fluid leak from bottom of my tranny case...
not dripping much, just yellow liquid on the outside of it...
My tranny acts up in the heat and always makes a weird sort of grind noise when its hot also.
Someone told me to do my transaxle fluid..should I? help would be much appreciated
By Honda4life
#260578 It could be your rear main seal. Are you sure it's not seeping down from somewhere else and getting on the tranny? Possible that it could be your slave cylinder and also how does your clutch feel and how does your tranny feel when you shift?
By jdmdx93
#260586 wow thankyou honestly it feels like shit...not at first...when the cars running for the first 15 minutes drives great, then after that the shifter gets clunkier feeling and doesnt seem as stiff and my shit clunks when i go into 2nd and 3rd (if its hot) i really dont understand why the heat has such a damn effect on my car..ideas?
By eg92si
#260622 as your tranny gets hot sitting next to your engine the fluid in your tranny heats up and thins out so it doesnt lubricate as well as when your oil is cold and heavy so maybe thats why you dont feel the firmness in your tranny after the oil heats up after the first fifteen minutes my opinion is that it might be your main seal had it happen on my sedan after that my tranny felt like new with firm shifts . Kind of a bitch to put in oil in the tranny had to remove a bolt to even add in some more oil.
By eg92si
#260623 as your tranny gets hot sitting next to your engine the fluid in your tranny heats up and thins out so it doesnt lubricate as well as when your oil is cold and heavy so maybe thats why you dont feel the firmness in your tranny after the oil heats up after the first fifteen minutes my opinion is that it might be your main seal had it happen on my sedan after that my tranny felt like new with firm shifts . Kind of a bitch to put in oil in the tranny had to remove a bolt to even add in some more oil.