General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By PaNdA!!!
#245499 Hydro to Cable issue
So i have a Cable b16trans with LS 4/5 that i enjoy driving doing my daily commute. But the bolts to go in the back of the trans are 17mm and i have to use a DC back bracket which uses the 19mm bolts. Does anybody have an issue whereas sometimes when shifting(being lazy) you kind of like feel the whole motor rock since those back 2 bolts are 17mm and not filling the holes in the bracket having a small gap enough for the motor to infact rock?

Cable gears into a Hydro transmission?
Did research on this saw some yes's and some no's. Maybe you guys can help me clear this up with experience.
Is there a way i can swap over my cable gears into a hydro transmission. Some people said straight up "no you can't" on other threads. Others said you can but have to shim the main shaft. If that's true where at? how? and with what?

Cable B16 gears 1-3 LS gears 4-5

I also read a cable GSR will work but that's irrelevant for me.

Thanks for reading and for any helpful information.
By forcefedEG
#248092 The only cable gears that Will work in a hydro case are from a cable gsr..... because all cable transmissions other than a cable gsr are a small splined input shaft and only have a 2 short fork shaft system with the shift forks held to the shaft with drive in roll pins..... where as the cable gsr is a large spline and have the 3 tig welded shift forks each on there own shaft..... just like the. Later hydro transmissions , if there is a way to put cable trans internals into a hydro case I an un aware if it, hope this is some help..... as for the engine rocking you should be able to make some type of spacer/sleeve from a small piece of pipe or something to take up the space if your experiencing that kind of problem
By PaNdA!!!
#249096 Thanks. Guess i'll just save up for a hydro transmission and use this cable in something else.