General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By jayEGR
#237073 ok i didnt even know i have an s4c which is b16, non lsd , the person i bought it off said it was an ls tranny, dont know much about transmissions now but i researching, i was told that when you in 5th gear when your going 60 it should be at 3K RPM .ok my OTHER question is you guys think this clutch kit is good and how much more torque and HP would you think i get out of it ,i also have a b20b
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2745wt_933
oh i also paid 210 for the transmission :hehe:
By Eg6H2D
#237505 you dont get any HP or TQ from installing a stage 3 clutch and fidanza flywheel if that's what your asking......

. lol. the power and torque is in the motor and your set up. like pistons , cams and what not.. all that is going to do is hold the power your putting to the ground. if your thinking about if it will screech your tires wen u slam into 4th gear , uhmm yea it might but that's because it's the clutch and the power in the motor and it's now more noticible.
Not because the clutch made you have more power and torque. the clutch is just the transfer unit of putting the power to the ground..

:thumb:
By JUICE
#237507 ^ true. in no way can the clutch/flywheel raise the BHP of a motor but.. it can make the car quicker.

i would like to see a motor run on a dyno with a stock flywheel then again with a lightweight one. there's gotta be a WHP gain out of it..
By {ikon}EM1
#237514 If ur going 60 and its only @ like 3k in 5th gear then it can't be a b16 tranny....

60mph in my lsv on b16 tranny in 5th gear sucked!!! Its was like @ 3.7k nearly 4k and felt like a 4th gear and it even pulled like a 4th gear...

The only way ur gonna know if u have the right transmission is to check if it has a vin# on it and check the vin with carfax... it will tell u the year make and model of car that trans came from...

By chrono404
{ikon}EM1 wrote:If ur going 60 and its only @ like 3k in 5th gear then it can't be a b16 tranny....

60mph in my lsv on b16 tranny in 5th gear sucked!!! Its was like @ 3.7k nearly 4k and felt like a 4th gear and it even pulled like a 4th gear...

x2

The same with my B16 Tranny. Freeway driving wasn't that fun. Especially when I had the really loud fart pipe on the car that it came with when I bought it. The B20 Delsol tops out at only around 120mph as it wont rev past 6500rpm in 5th.

According to the Tranny Calc. Straight up 3k on a b16 tranny is 55mph, Straight up 3k on a GSR/Sir-G Tranny is 59mph and Straight up 3k on a LS Tranny is 67mph.

You might have a GSR/SiR-G(Depending on location in the planet) Transmission. Which isn't bad as you have good acceleration with a true 5th gear, Not something you use to cruise through traffic doing 45mph with(True Story)
By jayEGR
#238388 thanks guys sounds good, and good to know well iam just trying to figure out what clutch kit is good and i heard that f1 wasnt that good what i heard from a friend ,and i didnt know you couldnt get hp from clutch so now i know somethin :lol: but ,
what about this clutch kit would it be good
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACT-Heav ... 866wt_1165