General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By B20vtec-turbo
#236789 I know they make conversions but everything I find is for putting a hydro clutch in a cable clutch car....someone point me in the right direction please...Post a link to the part I'm looking for if you can...

Y1 tranny with a cable clutch going into a 97 civic ex (hydro car)

B20 vtec
By B20vtec-turbo
#237021 Anyone used this thing before? or is there any known problems?
By chrono404
#237024 Hydro to cable conversion kits suck. Everyone i have used is an on/off switch. I know I wouldn't be happy with a Hydro to Cable converted tranny. I also have not once read a nice review of anyone online using one. I Personally would shop around longer for a Hydro tranny. Or optionally a EF or DA Shell to put the transmission into.

If you need the Gears from a Cable Transmission, you can swap the gears bewteen cable and hydro b Series trannys. Good friend of mine has the Internals of a jdm 98 Spec ITR Transmission in a Cable B16 Transmission, Including that sexy 4.785 Final Drive. Its very doable.
By B20vtec-turbo
#237037 I really hate to hear that... :x I have a y1 lsd tranny with stage 4 clutchmaster clutch and a light weight flywheel that is already on my b series....

So lets look from a different angle, what can be done to just go straight cable?
By mooze
#237191 my homie runs one....and he hasnt had any problems with his and hes used it for almost 2 years...he to is using a y1 tranny but its with a ls....
By B20vtec-turbo
mooze wrote:my homie runs one....and he hasnt had any problems with his and hes used it for almost 2 years...he to is using a y1 tranny but its with a ls....

That makes me feel better... I'm not finding any other option other than 1,)different tranny or 2,)conversion....
By Eg6H2D
B20vtec-turbo wrote:I know they make conversions but everything I find is for putting a hydro clutch in a cable clutch car....someone point me in the right direction please...Post a link to the part I'm looking for if you can...

Y1 tranny with a cable clutch going into a 97 civic ex (hydro car)

B20 vtec

why did you get a cable clutch? your system is completely hydro. why go with a headache.. ?? couldnt find a hydro b16 tranny?
By Eg6H2D
#237504 http://www.innovativemounts.com/Product ... Code=41001

check this even tho i think it's reverse of what you want. u want hydro to cable , not cable to hydro... your best bet is give the designers themselves a call see what they can do fo you.. it's a tough one if you dont know where to get the needed parts..

:?
By B20vtec-turbo
EG6b20R wrote:
why did you get a cable clutch? your system is completely hydro. why go with a headache.. ?? couldnt find a hydro b16 tranny?

I bought this setup in a 91 crx si. Its a y1 lsd tranny with a stage 4 clutchmaster clutch and a lightweight flywheel.... I just want to keep it. I just got the civic shell that is setup up for a hydro clutch. I need my cable clutch to go into this hydro car...
By mooze
#237546 thats what my boi is using
By B20vtec-turbo
mooze wrote:thats what my boi is using

If you will,ask him if he feels a difference with it....or if it feels like an on/off switch...

Also, the shell (97 civic) had a b16 in it, but the motor mounts came with the shell, will the tranny mount work with this hasport conversion (everything shown in the picture)? Because I have read a few different forums that say you have to order a "Special" tranny mount....
By B20vtec-turbo
#238001 ^^^ BUMP!!