General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By {ikon}EM1
#217172 Ok so I have a lsv (b18b/b18c1) that was recently tuned... and its on a b16 tranny... I use the highway A LOT for work and the 5th gear in the tranny is super short... example: @ 70mph I'm turning the motor @ 4,000rpm...

my question is can i take out the 5th gear and replace it for a longer one from another tranny???
By JUICE
#217177 yes but be prepared for some work (or $'s). i'd wait till the tranny needs a rebuild (has a grind or something) before cracking it open. the LS has the longest 5th gear and will swap right in.
By {ikon}EM1
#217185 So go for a ls 5th gear... gotcha :thumb:
And as far as money goes how much we talking??? And same for the work???
By JUICE
#217190 a FRIEND price for a B series rebuild for say a 3rd gear syncro, with a few necessary bearings/seals is gonna run you a good $4-600 easy..
By blk92hb
#217206 rebuild it your self :wink: . i have a b16 trans and i know what you are talking about, i was going to do the same but i get 40+ mpg so im not worried about :thumb:
By JUICE
{ikon}EM1 wrote:??? :o :eh:
What????!!!!!

thats replacing a syncro... not sure how much someone would charge just to take it apart and rebuild it.
By ikon
#217411 dude we got this..... we need to fix ur 2nd so buy the the synchros and new gears and im sure chrono404 the tranny guru will be there if we get stuck.
By ikon
#217429 yeah it took us a week to replace my main input shaft bearing :lol: turns out i bent the interlock bolt. he'll probably just buy a new tranny.