General tranny info covering all models & motors.
By jdmsol_kid
#198310 have a ys1 tranny thats not going into gear when car is running. but if i force it a bit it goes in from second and on. rove the car now it wont do reverse.seems like clutch wont disangage all the way because car moves a ll bit forward when in gear and clutch is activated. My thoughts are:
1. slave is bad(just baught one so will be checked in next few days)
2. preasure plate needs to be replaced.

any help is appreciated..thanks
By That One Dude
#198340 I was going to suggest the slave cylinder or the master cylinder.

When you install the slave cyl, put a piece of clear tubing over the bleeder screw and the tubing into a half full bottle of clean brake fliud and bleed it like you would brakes until the line is full of fluid. Then open the bleeder screw and pump the pedal while monitoring the fluid level in the master cylinder. That's the way Honda outlines the bleeding process in the Integra maintenance manual.
By jdmsol_kid
#198370 thanks for the suggestion im going to try that tomorow. if that doesnt work im going to go with a whole new clutch assembly. it was working fine when i puled the tranny off mow its acting like that.
By That One Dude
#198571 If it was working fine before the tranny swap, it's not the clutch.
By jdmsol_kid
#198585 no its not a swap its stock tranny. i pulled the motor to build it up and popped the tranny off. got a new clutch plate put it back on dropped it back in with the rebuilt motor and now it wont go into gear at aall . got a diff plate and now it goes into gear when off but when its on its hard to get into any gear....
By That One Dude
#198718 Oh ok, I see. Did you by any chance open the hydraulic lines at all? Any tiny tiny bit of air in the slave cylinder will render it essentially useless according to fluid dynamics... Air is compressible. Liquid is not. If there is air in the line, you will compress it instead of displacing the liquid. That's the only logical explaination I could think of.
By jdmsol_kid
#200170 yea i bled the lines probly 30 plus times haha i came to the thing that i need a whole new clutch set because i have someone step on the clutch and it fully opens up. jus not going into gear. and any chance you know if its hard to rebuild the reverse gears on a b16 hydro? thanks for your help man.
By That One Dude
#200174 I've never opened up a transmission, to be honest. I'd rather let someone else mess with that...

There are a few write ups here and there on rebuilding the B-series transmission. IIRC, there's one on this site, but I'm not 100% certain.

Chrono404 is the guy you want to talk to about rebuilding transmissions.